sdcard folder in internal storage

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
Got it from woot, upgraded to 3588

Installed ClockworkMod V0

However, at the step
Highlight "choose zip from sdcard" and press the home button, it shows a folder but not the content from my SD card.

Booted back to Android, used ES File Explorer, I found that there is /sdcard/. It has the following content:

Android
clockworkmod
DCIM
LOST.DIR
Music
Photos
recovery
Videos
update.zip

Go to root, found my card is /sdcard2

Try to rename /sdcard but there is no keyboard showing up.

What's my option?

Thanks!

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Sdcard2 is external card drive. What r u installing? Here's a good how to install vegan link. Blendblog.net Home - Flashing the Viewsonic GTablet with VEGAn ROM and fixing the Market.
I believe u need to boot into cwm and partition folder to 2048 and 0 then mount it and create a folder on sdcardand copy rom (.zip) and bootlog onto sdcard (don't unzip) and it should be there. Anyway follow the directions on that website. They're really detailed and start on section aftter installing cwm. Hope it works out

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Got it from woot, upgraded to 3588

Installed ClockworkMod V0

However, at the step
Highlight "choose zip from sdcard" and press the home button, it shows a folder but not the content from my SD card.

Booted back to Android, used ES File Explorer, I found that there is /sdcard/. It has the following content:

Android
clockworkmod
DCIM
LOST.DIR
Music
Photos
recovery
Videos
update.zip

Go to root, found my card is /sdcard2

Try to rename /sdcard but there is no keyboard showing up.

What's my option?

Thanks!

OK when it says "install from sdcard" it means you SDCARD which is your internal storage. You have to put the ROMS folder on the tablets internal storage. If you follow my HowTo sticky you shouldn't have a problem.

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
I was following your post.

1. Clean your MicroSD card or delete the update.zip in the internal storage from Objective 1.
2. Create a folder called ROMs on your internal storage.

No. 1 confused me so I just cleaned my SD card -- I installed the CWM from SD card.

I do see update.zip in internal storage. Should I delete it?

On the side, how can I bring keyboard when I try to rename a file?

Thanks!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I was following your post.

No. 1 confused me so I just cleaned my SD card -- I installed the CWM from SD card.

I do see update.zip in internal storage. Should I delete it?

On the side, how can I bring keyboard when I try to rename a file?

Thanks!

Yes delete that update.zip from the internal storage.
Do you get what I meant now to create a ROMS folder on your internal storage?
No you can not rename files in CRM.

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
Yes. But I don't know how to do that. If there is no keyboard showing up in the explorer, how can I type in name?

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
cheerful - I was having similar problem with "rename" - being new to the gTab finally figured it out. When in ES File Explorer you hold on the filename and a menu pops up... you can now cut/paste/rename/etc...

If creating a folder - choose the options button (the set of lines - 1 of the 4 operation buttons) and you can create a folder from there...

hope I am not answering the wrong question... :)

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Yes. But I don't know how to do that. If there is no keyboard showing up in the explorer, how can I type in name?

You create the folder when you tab os connected via USB. Then you copy your ROMs to that folder.

Sent from my G-tab using Tapatalk

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
if you go to my last post and click the blendblog link it tells you step-by-step how to do everything youre asking. its really informative