SDHC card for A7

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
Would the following SDHC work on my grandson's Elocity A7?

Kingston 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Memory Card Kingston Part Number SDC4/16GB Brand New in Retail Package

Features/Benefits:
Compliant — with the SD Specification Version 2.00
Versatile — when combined with the adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC card
Compatible — with microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers
File Format — SDHC File Format - FAT32; to work with single file size that is over 4GB in size, please remember to format your memory to NTFS standard
Reliable — lifetime warranty

Specifications:
Capacity* — 16GB
Dimensions — 0.43 x 0.59 x 0.039 ( 11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
High-Speed Class Rating — Class 4: 4MB/sec. minimum data transfer rate
Operating temperatures — -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
Storage temperatures — -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
Weight — .05 oz (1.4g)

Someone said the NTFS would not work with Elocity A7 or other tablets. But I don't know what that means and whether he cannot use this SDHC card. Is it FAT32? (Don't know what that means either!) Is it NTFS? Very confusing for us.

Zenwood

Dec 17, 2010
This card will work if you re-format the card. You will probably need an adapter to make it a full size SD card so you can put into your computer and format the card. Use Windows Explorer to find and format the card. Formatting will erase all of the data.

The link below is for the card I am using in my eLocity. It is a class 10. The higher the class # the faster the card.

Newegg.com - WINTEC FileMate 16GB Mobile Professional Class 10 microSDHC Card with SDHC Adapter

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
This card will work if you re-format the card. You will probably need an adapter to make it a full size SD card so you can put into your computer and format the card. Use Windows Explorer to find and format the card. Formatting will erase all of the data.

The link below is for the card I am using in my eLocity. It is a class 10. The higher the class # the faster the card.

Newegg.com - WINTEC FileMate 16GB Mobile Professional Class 10 microSDHC Card with SDHC Adapter

#1- I was told "Yes, the card will work for most applications. If he is trying to put a file larger than 4GB on the card he may have problems."
#2- I did right click on a SD card I have and only see the Format has Fat32. When I click on the down arrow it only shows FAT and exFAT. It does not show NTFS, So, how would I format it to NTFS?
Thank you

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
We received the Kingston 16B SDHC card and placed in the A7, and all it says is "Preparing external storage. Checking for errors." And then nothing happens! It just stays like that. Should we have done something first?
We put the SDHC card in our desktop and clicked on properties and it shows Fat32 15GB free, etc.
Any suggestions?

carissa

Jan 29, 2011
This card should work just fine. I have a 16 gb SDHC in my Elocity a7 and it works perfectly. No problems at all and no need to format. However, it sounds like you may need to reformat your card.

Last edited:

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
This card should work just fine. I have a 16 gb SDHC in my Elocity a7 and it works perfectly. No problems at all and no need to format. However, it sound like you may need to use your pc to reformat the card to NTFS.

I was told that both FAT and FAT32 would work with A7?

carissa

Jan 29, 2011
FAT & FAT32 formats should both work with this tablet. However it seems like the default format (Fat 32) on the card you have could be corrupt< or you may just need to try a different type of formatting (NTFS).

Have you tried saving anything to the card yet? Try that first and see if you can do it. If not< i would try re-formatting it FAT32 via pc. If it's still not able to save files then try formatting it NTFS. If none of that works return the card and buy another brand and class (speed).

carissa

Jan 29, 2011
OK, i looked into this some more and saw that you had posted this issue in a couple other forms as well. I tried formatting another SDHC to NTFS to see what would happen. Looks like that's the format that throws the same error you're getting. So 1) whoever told you NTFS won't work on the a7 was right and, 2) it seems that you need to reformat your card to FAT16 or FAT32. You could also use ext2 format, but it may not be so easy for you to mount it.

I hope this helps a little and that i didn't cause to much confusion for you.

nwallach

Feb 28, 2011
We received the Kingston 16B SDHC card and placed in the A7, and all it says is "Preparing external storage. Checking for errors." And then nothing happens! It just stays like that. Should we have done something first?
We put the SDHC card in our desktop and clicked on properties and it shows Fat32 15GB free, etc.
Any suggestions?

Reformat but make sure to use the default sector size.

ellwilson

Mar 25, 2011
I am having the same problem with my a7. It used to read the sd card and a usb drive just fine. Then I did a wipe and went to restore the Feb update.zip, and it wouldn't read the card. The usb drive worked but only in reboot mode. So I loaded the update from the usb and then the usb drive worked again as normal, but the sd card still isn't being recognized. When I try to mount the card it says "Preparing external storage. Checking for errors" and then nothing. Any suggestions? The card works fine in the adapter and I can read and write to it from my computer.

Thanks

bkthedj

Jun 16, 2011
I am having the same problem with my a7. It used to read the sd card and a usb drive just fine.
When I try to mount the card it says "Preparing external storage. Checking for errors" and then nothing. Any suggestions? The card works fine in the adapter and I can read and write to it from my computer.

Thanks

Anyone have a fix here? 99% sure my microSD card is okay - I can read/write, reformat it in my Windows Desktop - but for some reason, my eLocity A7 no longer sees the microSD. Can't access files on card when in the A7, but all is OK on my Windows desktop. The A7 DID initally read/write to the microSD.. any fixes, anyone? Help! I loe my eLocity, hate to see it limited to on-board memory.. thanks for any help here!

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
Try using- Super manager, when open look at top left taskbar /mnt/sdcard-disk0
or /mnt/sdcard-disk .. if not look for / mnt/external_sd...

Sent from my A7-040 using Tapatalk