Searching for a 10 inch tablet

frede.sch

Sep 8, 2011
Hi all,

I'm searching for a 10 inch tablet, my goal is end writing a book, so, how greater the screen better. But I'm a developer and I need a fast tablet (1 GHz or upper CPU) and mainly a capacitive screen. A 7 inch tablet with those specs are easily found, ex: 7" Capacitive Screen Android 2.3 Tablet PC w/ HDMI/TF/OTG/WiFi/3D Acceleration (1.2GHz/DDR3 512MB) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Why a 10 inch tablet with those specs (link) are so expensive? I'm searching for a tablet exactly of the link above, but with 10 inch for best typing. Does anyone knows an tablet with 10 inch and those specs (link) (dual core, USB, HDMI, capacitive) and an price like that (link)?

Thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
In a word, no. If you look carefully you may find a 10" tablet with the rest of your specs in the $250-275 range (think Viewsonic g-Tablet), but I really think that even if you do find a sub-$200 tablet with those specs you will be unhappy in the end.

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
Mod's got a good point. You might try looking for some of the better tablets used on eBay-- that can cut the cost considerably. I've seen Archos 101's going for 150-200 in bidding, for example.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Writing a book on a tablet. OK. No fancy formatting, no fancy pictures and no fancy other things other than just basics. Get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Writing? You are better off on a laptop instead. If you do go the tablet, look at a service similar to Drop Box for a degree of synchronization.

frede.sch

Sep 8, 2011
Writing a book on a tablet. OK. No fancy formatting, no fancy pictures and no fancy other things other than just basics. Get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Writing? You are better off on a laptop instead. If you do go the tablet, look at a service similar to Drop Box for a degree of synchronization.

I have a 16 inch gaming laptop, there's no way to take it to another place that isn't my house. Chose between a tablet with keyboard and a netbook or notebook, obviously the tablet. And Yes, I use dropbox for sync :)

mickey

Nov 5, 2010
netbook would be far better for the same price for writing a book, given a tablet with a keyboard what's the point if it ends up being the same size as a netbook? you say you only need it for writing a book not fancy stuff then you've been brainwashed by apple.

Get a netbook, or pay more for less with a tablet, your choice. You'll look more like a douche in starbucks with a tablet than a netbook.

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
OP, take the advice of others:

A netbook, or even a smaller (e.g.14" ) laptop is far better for what you intend to do. The main reason is industry standard formats and programs I.E. MS Office, Wordpad, etc. You're going to want maximum compatibility & flexibility if this is for commercial purposes and not just a personal project.

Even if it starts out as a personal project, it might turn into something where you need compatibility and flexibility, and having a native Android format isn't going to be much help.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

frede.sch

Sep 8, 2011
OP, take the advice of others:

A netbook, or even a smaller (e.g.14" ) laptop is far better for what you intend to do. The main reason is industry standard formats and programs I.E. MS Office, Wordpad, etc. You're going to want maximum compatibility & flexibility if this is for commercial purposes and not just a personal project.

Even if it starts out as a personal project, it might turn into something where you need compatibility and flexibility, and having a native Android format isn't going to be much help.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

Hi, just clarifying my original post, I'm not writing from zero the book, I already have written it, so I just need to read and correct it. So there's no massive typing.

I've taking a look at your wwe10, looks a nice tablet, 10 inch, rj-45 and stuffs... What's your opinion about it? Where is the best site to buy it? An important thing, I live in Brazil, so the seller should by Chinese...