Security Certificate Error, and ETC

Apr 8, 2012
Please bear with me, I am new to all of this and not really tablet friendly yet. Still getting used to it. I have the Vizio Tablet that is mainly used for the kids to use for games and videos via Apps downloaded.

The wife told me she downloaded an upgrade from Vizio, does not know or remember what the upgrade was. The tablet now has a few problems. The market is missing from the apps. Anytime I try to browse the internet I get a pop up with Security Certificate Error, and I noticed the bar at the top has flip flopped with the bar at the bottom. It is also acting a little sluggish.

Anyone here have any idea what she may have downloaded to cause this?

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
She may have updated the system to Honeycomb (Android 3.0). You might try a factory reset to clear things up, but back up your data, music, etc. first. Honeycomb generally runs faster and the battery lasts longer. A factory reset will not uninstall HC, but others have found this helpful after the upgrade.

Last edited:

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
The App Market is no longer called Market. It is called Play Store. Not a Vizio issue, this was changed by Google. It changed about a week or two before HC was released to our tablets. Bar placement is part of vizio skinning not much can be done their until Vizio releases an update, or when root is once again acheived.

Apr 8, 2012
I did a reboot first just to play it safe and everything seems to be working fine. Again, thanks for your help.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The App Market is no longer called Market. It is called Play Store. Not a Vizio issue, this was changed by Google. It changed about a week or two before HC was released to our tablets. Bar placement is part of vizio skinning not much can be done their until Vizio releases an update, or when root is once again acheived.

The status bar is partially a skinning by Vizio but it is actually a Google issue as well. This is the location of the bar in the Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich. Vizio has made small tweaks to it but you can expect the bar to stay there from now on.