Security Flaw coby boots right into android without unlock pattern?

dasbooter

Feb 24, 2011
So on my lovely little coby I noticed that all I have to do to bypass the pattern lock is to hold the shutdown button turn off the coby and then turn it back on and it boots directly into the home screen? Putting the coby into standby always brings up the password prompt but this is usless on my coby because you simply have to shut it down and boot it back up again and it will go directly into the home screen. I would have thought the behavior was to prompt the pattern on boot before proceeding to the home screen. I am a rooted with gapps. Is this experienced but other people here is there a third party app to fix this do you think. Thanks for your time. I hope I dont have to do a reinstall but security on this portable machine is a trifle important to me.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Not sure if that is an issue with the Coby or the feature. I have an unrooted Samsung Moment that experiences the same flaw.

Sent from my MID7015

dasbooter

Feb 24, 2011
Not sure if that is an issue with the Coby or the feature. I have an unrooted Samsung Moment that experiences the same flaw.

Sent from my MID7015

Thanks for the bump. Weird feature if it is. Just looking for an app to lock it down but no luck yet.

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
My 2.2 LG Optimus does the same thing, I think that it is just the way it goes, until the screen shuts off, it won't require a pattern

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
If securing your infomation is what you want .. how about an app lock... the app is called lock by Hot ringhtone check it out ... let us know if this worked for you...

dasbooter

Feb 24, 2011
If securing your infomation is what you want .. how about an app lock... the app is called lock by Hot ringhtone check it out ... let us know if this worked for you...

Yes I saw a number of apps that could lock access to apps but this is not what this thread is about. I suppose in desperation one could turn to these but I wish I could find one that locks the tablet on startup so everything is locked. One thing to look for if you get desperate is that the app that locks the apps cant just be uninstalled from settings->manage programs. But back on topic am I totaling missing how this security is so poorly implemented I mean all you need to do is restart the tablet. What the heck... I see at least one other thread has started on the subject maybe a mod should combine them? Maybe if nothing else this should be something that could be implemented in a custom watery rom. I am pretty sure my Nexus one prompts for the pattern on start up so weird it just isnt a basic part of the android system.

dasbooter

Feb 24, 2011
I have been able to use Tasker to lock the screen on start up using a profile with context "boot" action "lock" there is an action for keyguard to but it doesnt seem to do anything on the tablet with this context. You could also use this app to lock applications individually if you want apparently but I didnt give this a try.

The big problem is the long delay that Tasker takes to start on the system and therefor the screen doesnt lock immediately so you can go whole hog for about 5 seconds till it locks making this an inadequate solution...anybody out there with something better