Seeking a good virus protection app

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
I have a feeling that the Samsung galaxy Tab 2 tablet does not come with virus protection so can someone recomment a good virus protection app please.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

wellsjs

Sep 1, 2011
Been using Lookout for several years, first on my Android phone. One of the first apps I downloaded to my Nexus 7 when I got it. There is some unused functionality of the app on the tablet because those functions are for phones connected to a carrier, but for basic anti-virus / malware, it still does the job and is free!

maxmuscle3

Jan 9, 2013
I use AVG and I like it because it checks each new and existing apps for virus, and you never know how scrupolous app develepoers are.

snc1963ro

Feb 9, 2013
I have a feeling that the Samsung galaxy Tab 2 tablet does not come with virus protection so can someone recomment a good virus protection app please.

I recomand Avast. I used Avast for Win for about 2 year at home and work and I don't have any problems. I see now a version for android, but it isn't available on Market Play. Google search on net and download. I used free version. I will test (android ver.) and I will post observations.

brz44MI

Jan 24, 2013
I use avast but the best for cpus is eset...thev got a trial app on google play store...$10/yr aft 30 days free

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks Spider and others, I'll check out those apps.

Last edited:

macthecat

May 16, 2012
You could also try Dr web Lite, a realy good piece of kit I have been using it on various devices for some time now no problems whatsoever

podagee

Jan 21, 2013
as a Linux user I never seen the use of an anti-virus really that necessary.it just takes up ram usage.android,being based on the Linux kernel,is Linux.viruses don't stick to the os.only passable if transferring to a windows os.ive never used antivirus on any android devices and I do fine.i do install a lot of apps from blackmart and such.the only leak is a Trojan app that invades all your info off your device.look for it when installing apps, it usually says "WIFIADAPT." then again a lot of apps ask for permissions for a lot of unnecessary details off your device.my answer for antivirus would be that it is not recommended,just optional.a lot of people don't understand the open-source concept.remember it is not windows.

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks.
so far I have not heard of anyone getting a virus on their tablet or smartphone.