Selecting default browser

Stokkers

Oct 19, 2012
Hi all.

Just taken delivery of a NATPC 201. So far I am quite pleased and I am in the process of setting it up to my way of using. I have come acroos one problem that I can't get to work - I am wanting to make Firefox my default browser instead of the Google that comes as default.

I have tried Settings > Apps > then went to 'Launch by default,' but the text in the box says 'No defaults set.'

Can anyone give me a work around.

MTIA

logdog

May 12, 2013
You need to go to settings, apps, chrome and clear defaults. The next time you open a link or something that requires a browser, you will be asked if you want Firefox or Chrome. Select Firefox always and that becomes default.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Stokkers

Oct 19, 2012
Many thanks for your reply, lapdog. I will give that a try. I have followed the Firefox instructions, but ended up with the same result. I will try your suggestion a little late and let you know how I get on.

Stokkers

Oct 19, 2012
Many thanks for your reply, lapdog. I will give that a try. I have followed the Firefox instructions, but ended up with the same result. I will try your suggestion a little late and let you know how I get on.

Well, seems to have worked, but i couldn't find Chrome, so used the default browser, but it didn't tell me that, so I clicked on disable. Don't know if I've done right.