Selling my rooted Nook, how to change the email?

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
I've decided to sell the Nook, as I want to buy an ASUS or Acer tablet, but I'm having some difficulty getting this ready to be sold. Factory restart does not seem to do anything. You can press the button, but it does nothing at all. I saw someone talking about a "clear data from Google Apps" trick, but there's no such app in my manage applications section at all.

The only other thing I could think of was putting a new account on there, and deleting the old, so that there's an email there for the OS to function, but I haven't tried that yet. I'll be trying that tonight.

Any other suggestions would be great. Rooting is fun, but I really hope I'm not stuck eating the full cost of the 250 tablet.

Thanks.

PS: I'm not the one who rooted this HC internally, so that's why I'm trying to come up with a way to "clear" the accounts without having to get this re-rooted, which would be a major pain.

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
I didn't put HC on my Nook, so is there a way to see if Clockwork recovery is on the device? If not, will the stock recovery still work for a HC rooted Nook?

EDIT: MAJOR problem! :(

I tried putting in the Clockwork recovery IMG and the new version of the os, but it seemed to boot normal. I tried rearranging the files, but now when I try to book the NOok up, card or no card, it does nothing :(. Did I just brick this :( ?

Last edited:

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
I didn't put HC on my Nook, so is there a way to see if Clockwork recovery is on the device? If not, will the stock recovery still work for a HC rooted Nook?

EDIT: MAJOR problem! :(

I tried putting in the Clockwork recovery IMG and the new version of the os, but it seemed to boot normal. I tried rearranging the files, but now when I try to book the NOok up, card or no card, it does nothing :(. Did I just brick this :( ?

1) you can tell if CWR is on your NC if you hold power+n and it boots into CWR. If it doesnt, then you dont have it.

2) tell us what ROM you were trying to put on your NC. What files were you rearranging??

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also, once charged overnight, try holding the power button for 20 seconds, realease then press again for 20 seconds or until it turns on. If that still hasn't got it powered on you can try plugging it into the pc via usb which sometimes jump starts the boot process.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
HC is known to do this when something internal gets corrupted the nook is not dead first make sure it is fully charged then make yourself a boot SD copy a file called recoveryfix to it - I don't have links handy but you can finds them in this forum

Insert SD boot install from zip and select recoveryfix

update - try this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=958748

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
Ok, I let it just sit. When I came back home from work, I tried booting it up. It gave me a dead battery message. I waited for over 15 minutes and tried again. Ironically enough, now HC is back and working, which I didn't necessarily want (well not in it's current state) as I want my personal info cleared, but at least it's working again. I guess my question here is, is there any clue what I did wrong before? I used the disk writer to put the iso of the clockwork on there, and put the unzipped stock OS on the sd card. That's what made my Nook go crazy. So if anyone can think of a way I missed up, please let me know. I know this is "average" troubleshooting for you, but for me this is like rocket science. I'm terribly confused right now..

Thanks

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
ceramic, the problem is with honeycomb on emmc. Generally hc doesn't really play nice with anything in its current form so it is no surprise that you ran into issues trying to install CWR. Your best option is still to create a bootable SD and wipe the whole thing back to stock to get rid of any personal information.

JP

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
ceramic, the problem is with honeycomb on emmc. Generally hc doesn't really play nice with anything in its current form so it is no surprise that you ran into issues trying to install CWR. Your best option is still to create a bootable SD and wipe the whole thing back to stock to get rid of any personal information.

JP

I thought reverting back to stock is what I was trying to do, though. If not, and I'm mistaken, how do I do what you're describing. Seriously though everyone, thank you so much for the help. If anyone ever needs graphic design help (which I'm a guru at) haha, then let me know. Till then, thanks for the amazing advice and help.