Set CPU...did I set it rigfht?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
THANKS!! I would "Thanks" you but there is only a "report post" icon in the lower left of each post window. Thanks again!!

Sure thing. Let me know how it goes. There are other options in the thread for potentially more powersaving too.

gsutton

Feb 2, 2011
Sure thing. Let me know how it goes. There are other options in the thread for potentially more powersaving too.

I have not closely analyzed it, but it does seem that my battery discharges more rapidly with the SetCPU fix and suggested settings than before. I will have to look at it more closely and also consider any widgets/apps that may be acting to cause this. I will post my findings when I can. Thanks again.

Trankster

Jan 28, 2011
I have been following this thread and did the "setup that resulted in the 9-hour performance". I does seem to help. I used the NC minimally yesterday--checked a few emails and updated a few apps. 24 hours off the charger and it was at 96% this morning. FWIW Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm glad to hear the profile is working out. Don't forget that keeping the screen brightness down as low as possible (or that you are comfortable with given the lighting conditions) will also help extend battery life.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You are right JP,that screen light is a killer for the battery. A couple of days ago I got the warning that my battery was down to 20% after only a little over 4hours of use.I normally get over 7 hours before the warning. I didn't install/ change anything from the day before so I even went to check my setCPU, who knows ....I have a phone that changes its settings on its own, so - I thoughts- may be now my nook is doing the same.! Then I remember you telling me to keep the screen light down and sure enough mine was almost all the way up.
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yeah, that sucker is bright when cranked up! It really helps in the direct sunlight which I am sure is why they did it. For indoor use pretty much overkill though. Unless your power goes out anyway then you have a 4 hr flash light.

So Rico, did you use your nook to light up the room while your power was out?

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
Just as a reminder, it is NOT recommended to use SetCPU with CyanogenMod CM7.

Not sure of the details as to why, I just know that the developers are saying NOT to use SetCPU with CyanogenMod CM7.

Is there any update on why the two of them don't play nice together? I did uninstall SetCPU thanks to you, and it seems like my battery life is better now with CM7.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Is there any update on why the two of them don't play nice together? I did uninstall SetCPU thanks to you, and it seems like my battery life is better now with CM7.

It is a conflict between the built-in governor and SetCPU. Using SetCPU causes the processor to run 100% all the time decreasing battery life. Because the functionality is built into CM& I don't think they are working to resolve the issue. Just use CM7 performace controls.