SetCPU settings for the NOOKcolor

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for the inputs, I'm still at CM7.03, I think. No other tech thrills; this stuff is all new to me and is coming fast, I do like it but where/when will I be satisfied with what I have. Probably never.
Like old Mrs Winchester; Keep building.

Just R&R'd setcpu and remade profiles same as before for scientific reasons. Charging A.C. is showing only 6000 screen off drops to 3000 with not much time spent in the 8000 or 92500 ranges. How can I tax this ***** to get max performance indicated on the pie chart ?

Mike.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks for the inputs, I'm still at CM7.03, I think. No other tech thrills; this stuff is all new to me and is coming fast, I do like it but where/when will I be satisfied with what I have. Probably never.
Like old Mrs Winchester; Keep building.

Just R&R'd setcpu and remade profiles same as before for scientific reasons. Charging A.C. is showing only 6000 screen off drops to 3000 with not much time spent in the 8000 or 92500 ranges. How can I tax this ***** to get max performance indicated on the pie chart ?

Mike.

Quadrant, Smartbench, Linpack or any of the other bench-marking Apps will stress the CPU. Also there is an OC Kernal for CM7.03, if I am not mistake a 1.3ghz kernal but I don't remember. This Index of /~dalingrin/nook/kernels is Dal's index. Just make sure you have the correct kernal for your install. Not sure which one you need as I have been on nightlies for some time.

Actually there is a new kernal up, off to dl we'll see how it goes....

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
I ran a benchmark for fun and got 1600 or so. I have no idea what that means.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Running straight CM7 nightly 100 and using just the built in 925mhz overclock (no extra OC kernel installed, no SetCPU profiles) I get 1753 in quadrant. Not too shabby.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
OK , every time I think SetCPU is working right, It pegs to nearly 100% of battery usage.
I found this elsewhere too;

Unless i've missed a recent update SetCPU doesn't work on the nook. When you install it as soon as you start creating profiles, SetCPU pegs the processor. I use the app "System" off of the market and you can see as soon as SetCPU starts the processor pegs at 100% and won't go back down until you kill SetCPU. I'm hoping they fix it soon as i like it better than the alternatives.

I'm killing SetCPU for now until it becomes usable for me. CW7 rc3

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, sorry for not getting back to you once you confirmed you were on CM7. CM7 has a built in SetCPU like goverenor but not the full profiles and has issues with SetCPU that result in what you were experiencing.

SetCPU works great for rooted Nooks but not with the custom ROMs for now.

JP

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
That was what I was trying to explain, PROFILES only work on the LATEST NIGHTLY. You must be on the 2.6+ kernal dals oc for profiles to work.

Again its the profiles, profiles, profiles, that do not work on CM7.03 you MUST be on the latest kernal. Sorry to yell, just trying to be clear.