Setting a Device Administrator on MID1125

watchmyback

Dec 6, 2011
Hello,

I want to setup a device administrator and make it enabling WiFi requires a password. The only thing I have been able to find on this device is in the following location: Settings > Location & Security Settings > Select device administrators. However when I navigate to this it simpley says "No available device administrators". Just trying to figure out a way to lock out the WiFi, don't need an 8 year old accessing it at will.

fit4ugolf

Dec 14, 2011
Hello,

I want to setup a device administrator and make it enabling WiFi requires a password. The only thing I have been able to find on this device is in the following location: Settings > Location & Security Settings > Select device administrators. However when I navigate to this it simpley says "No available device administrators". Just trying to figure out a way to lock out the WiFi, don't need an 8 year old accessing it at will.

I am doing the same thing...only a little more advanced. My 7 year old is getting the 8127 for Christmas. I have installed the "Smart App Protector." I can chose as many apps as I wish to lock with a password. For WIFI, that would be under the settings lock.

I went through and checked off about 20 apps that she won't have access to. Some that I think she doesn't need are as follows:
Market
Settings
Root Explorer
App 2 SD
Astro
BusyBox
Rom Manager
Dev Tools
Downloads
Contacts
Email
Gmail
Superuser
Spare Parts
Super Backup
Titanium Backup

It was pretty easy to setup and so far seems very easy to add/delete apps. There are a lot of settings so you can tweak how it works. If you 8 year old is as smart as mine...just select a password they won't figure out.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Why not just forget the network when you are done using it? Then unless they have the network password they won't be able to add the connection again. To make it a little easier on you, you can put the network password in a note pad app and then lock that app using the post above. When you want to connect again, unlock the note pad app, copy the password select the wifi to connect to and paste in the password (there are also password manager apps).

Multiple users are not supported in Android.