Several Odd Things with my G-Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
Couple of weird things have cropped up, hoping someone has some ideas.

1. The time will not stay set. I have reset it several times and as soon as I reboot the time is wrong again.

2. I have a "missing" app. I downloaded a photo wallpaper manager from the market. It does not appear in the list of apps when I open it from the home screen. However it does appear when I go into settings and look at installed apps.

3. Wallpaper does not appear correctly on screen no matter where I add it from. O have tried using a 1024x600 image that was copied from my computer. The g-tab insists on cropping it down to phone size then blowing up that section of the image as my wallpaper. A couple of apps from the market add wallpaper, but they are not correct either. The image is off center at best.

Wondering if this is all TnT Lite 2.2 related? Should I flash it and try Vegan or go back to the vanilla TnT? Any ideas are appreciated. :cool:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I think a lot is ROM related, but try resize on the image for the wallpaper

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
Ok, I downloaded Zeam. This may have been the best fix for me! Love the fact that I can have as many as 7 "pages" and as many as 48 icons per page. It also solved my wallpaper issue. Still digging into Zeam's other capabilities but for me this made my G-Tab way more user friendly and useful.

Aug 25, 2010
I haven't used the TT rom, I am using Vegen (5.1). And I am having the same problems, I think it will eventually be addressed by the Rom Devs, but can't say for sure.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
These are all issues that are "known" and addressed to one level or another. The best thing you can do is make sure that you are reporting any "features" that you are finding with specific ROMs to the ROM developer so that they are aware of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.