Shared 4gb on MID 8042-4! There's a way to solve it?

gmila84

May 17, 2012
Guys, I need a help!

This tablet only have 4gbs, but it is shared like if be a SD card! So I can't install anything greater than 1gb! The tablet won't recognize my microsd like the SDCard. For example, when I want to move some apps to SD Card, the tablet moves to the secondary partition, not to my microsd card!

There's a way to revert this? To make only one partition?

Thans in advance for any help!

P.s.: it's impossible to play any games on Gemrb 'cause the games have more than 1.8gb, each. It's just an example.

P.s.2.:
Not rooted, micro SD 16gb Patriot class 10.

More info:

So, for anyone who does not understand, the internal memory (4gb) was partitioned by default, into two parts, one for the system and another for SD Card, so turning the real 16gb patriot card, almost obsolet in terms of moving apps.

All the time, when I'll try to move an application, the app moves to my secondary partition (SDCard), never to my Real MicroSd Card (extsd). There's a way to resolve this?

Last edited:

RedDeer

May 3, 2012
EDIT your Post and Label above.

If you want help, you need to think before posting.

Maybe you should try editing the label of this Post from "Guys, I need help with MID 8042-4!" (that's just lazy)
to a clear specific problem. Otrherwise viewers are going to pass you bye.

ALSO give All info. MicroSD brand, sizem class, etc ALL relevant info. Rooted? ...

gmila84

May 17, 2012
English it's not my first language, so to formulate any phrase, it's a pain in the ***... lol

You've tottally right about my lazyness and lack of more information. I'll edit.

Not rooted, micro SD 16gb Patriot class 10.

Last edited:

gmila84

May 17, 2012
Nobody cares about my problem. Not even try to understand what's happening. I've edited with more information.

gmila84

May 17, 2012
EDIT your Post and Label above.

If you want help, you need to think before posting.

Maybe you should try editing the label of this Post from "Guys, I need help with MID 8042-4!" (that's just lazy)
to a clear specific problem. Otrherwise viewers are going to pass you bye.

ALSO give All info. MicroSD brand, sizem class, etc ALL relevant info. Rooted? ...

I've edited three times the label of my post, but does not save. I don't know why.

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
Once you post a Thread title it can only be edited by the moderator(s). You could try and PM one of them. As for your question: The system has 4GB, two of which (1.8 actually) is used by the operating system leaving two for programs. A number of people have asked how to run programs from the ext SD card but currently there does not seem to be a way to do it. This seems to be a issue with ICS and not the tablets.

gmila84

May 17, 2012
Once you post a Thread title it can only be edited by the moderator(s). You could try and PM one of them. As for your question: The system has 4GB, two of which (1.8 actually) is used by the operating system leaving two for programs. A number of people have asked how to run programs from the ext SD card but currently there does not seem to be a way to do it. This seems to be a issue with ICS and not the tablets.

And these rooted roms around here? No one programmer gives an attention to this issue? Thanks for the info!

J

jimbo7630

I may be wrong but I thought you could edit thread titles by using the Edit>Go Advanced links.

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Guys, I need a help!

This tablet only have 4gbs, but it is shared like if be a SD card! So I can't install anything greater than 1gb! The tablet won't recognize my microsd like the SDCard. For example, when I want to move some apps to SD Card, the tablet moves to the secondary partition, not to my microsd card!

There's a way to revert this? To make only one partition?

Thans in advance for any help!

I think I understand what your saying, if I understand correctly:

The tablet you've bought has 4GB of user accessible memory built in (the 'SDcard') which is not enough space for the games you want to play, you've also bought a 16GB microSD under the expectation that you can move your apps to the card.

Unfortunately, I have bad news for you.

Because of the way Android OS works, and because coby includes a certain amount of built-in memory with their tablets (in this case 4GB) you cannot move apps to the microSD, on the older version of Android (gingerbread) there was a hack which allowed you to do this with the 'bookmarks to SD' app.
However this required rooting the tablet, and AKAIK no-one has gotten this method (or an equivalent) working under ICS yet.

At this stage, the only way you're going to be able to get 1GB+ apps to work on an Android tablet requires that you either get a tablet with a large internal memory (so you don't need the microSD), or get a tablet with no internal memory (so you don't have this problem).

The root cause of the problem is due to Coby not being particularly clear about what you can do with the 'up to 32GB expanded memory'.

ALD3

Mar 10, 2012
I don't know what to change on this tablets vold file but i did change the vold file on Arnova AN7G3 and then the intermal sd showed my 32 gig micro sd card and extsd as the 2 gig. Worked great. I stopped by to check this tablet as I'm thinking of getting one to check out for my grandkid.

miguelhn94

Sep 20, 2012
If you have an external sd card and you cant use it becouse it dosent aloud you to put any files on it just search for this apk SDCard Permission Fix just run it and it will be done