Shortened battery life after 2.2?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My configuration:
Android 2.2, Airplane mode (no sim), WiFi On, BT Off, GPS Off, backlight between 5% and 20%, underclocked with SetCPU to 576, Taskiller widget shows 311MB memory
Usage: Web browsing, short web videos, book reading, solitaire

Battery life: 4-5 hours

Given the size of the battery in the S7 I would say that is respectable, and mirrors my own experience. I am satisfied with the battery life I'm getting under 2.2, and although I wish I would have done a little benchmarking of my own with 2.1 for comparison I sure won't be going back.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
If you are having poor battery life on 2.2 there are two things things I would check.

1. Screen brightness, the auto brightness seems flaky and seems to keep you at 100%, that will KILL your battery. (I can run the music player all day at work (9 hours) and have the screen on for 30 min and still be at 80% at the end of the day)
2. GPS on? If you are not using GPS, but have an app that may try to run in the background and you are in a location where it can not see the satellites this will drain your battery quickly.
3. If you do not have any cell service (use wifi only) turn off the radio. It seems that 2.2 really likes to try and search for a cell signal even with no sim in.

Like I said my normal use is 9 hours at work, which take me down to 80%, then a couple hours at night and I am around 30% at the end of the day plug it in and start again.