Should I be considering something else?

KenjiBeast

Mar 22, 2011
Okay folks. Right now I just want a tablet for use in geocaching and other navigational services. Browsing is cool, but flash is optional honestly, and I'll likely load up a few games and use it as a general device to sketch out plans.

Anyway, for the time being I'm looking at the flytouch 2 (one of it's many names, I guess.) Now obviously, it's the cheapest pad out there with a functioning GPS, but at the same time I'm really not sure how well navigation works. It has turn-by-turn, right? And how are you supposed to load maps on with only 2 GB? I haven't yet seen a proper youtube demo of a flytouch running Google Maps/navigation, so for the time being it's up in the air as to whether or not it can do what I want. TBH I'm also looking into the idios S7. It's got a better reputation, I think, but it's also a tick more expensive and the screen is smaller to boot. Anybody mind helping me make a decision. Thanks!!

outdooz

Mar 21, 2011
Im trying to find the same thing as you. I am waiting for the Herotab C9 to come out. The release date is near the end of march so only in a couple of days. It has a Built in GPS.

KenjiBeast

Mar 22, 2011
Im trying to find the same thing as you. I am waiting for the Herotab C9 to come out. The release date is near the end of march so only in a couple of days. It has a Built in GPS.

Yeah honestly I've been considering holding out for the S7 Slim/Pro. Is there actually a set release date for these devices, or should I just wait a month and play it by ear? Honestly, capacitive touch would likely be a major improvement, and might be worth waiting for, but I'm not sure how long I'd be waiting.