Should I buy one of those cheap tablets you can get for bout $80 on ebay?

peppers

Feb 27, 2011
Should I buy one of those cheap tablets you can get for bout $80 on ebay?

I have very basic needs all I really wanna do is check my email and get on facebook and have the IM work and maybe look at something on youtube on occasion. its my understanding as long as I get above 1.6 I should be able to do this things

The 2-3 hour battery life is a little off putting to me, so idk about that.

Its note worthy that I have a full hot air rework station and am very good at soldering to the point where I could take every component off the board and still be able to put everything back on without damaging anything and I have experience working with the soft modding and hacking of various video game consoles. So I am capable of making changes with more knowledgeable people to guide me.

peppers

Feb 27, 2011
I do likes the looks of your suggestion but I am also trying spend as little money as possible.

Last edited:

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Do not even consider cheap Shenzhen Chinese knock off A pads, they last 1 day to 1 week if you are lucky, lot of lies and no support!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
My aPad RK2818 has been a great buy. I use it every day... although it was $168.

peppers

Feb 27, 2011
hmm maybe I'll just wait a year or so b4 i jump on the tablet bandwagon.

I'm just so tired of carrying my netbook everywhere

So out of curiosity would would be a good buy in the 100 to 200 dollar range? Keep in mind I can make alterations.

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
peppers: In The $160 - $200 range you can get a nice Android 2.2 tablet with 512MB (and be able to view flash). There are two vendors on here that are verified sellers which are:

eCargoOnline.com
HotMID.com

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
There are Very Good" Branded Tablets", Made in China, and then there are the No Name Generics , Made in China, with the cheapest hardware and pirated software and the worst Customer service you can ever imagine.

For quality at a low price ,you can buy a new Kindle 3 from Amazon for $139.00 and surf the web, send and receive email, download movies from Amazon Prime, and download music, all on wifi or and also it is rated as the number 1 E reader there is!

PS. Would you believe 1 month battery life as E reader!

Last edited:

peppers

Feb 27, 2011
don't the kindles use e-paper in place of led screens? That means black and white, dosint it? how can it be used for watching videos? amazon dose not make this claim.
Plus you can't install any new apps at all.
I know they are the bests e-readers on the market there is but can you really use them the way you would an android tablet?

Last edited:

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
You are right , no video yet, it's Grayscale not color, and Amazon just bought Netflix of Europe, and has all their movies now , I am on a 30day free trial with them using it on a Elocity A7, Movies are unlimited for viewing, and after 30 day trial, it's 79.00 a yr. But other than movies you can now use it like a Android tablet .

Check out this video:
This video is a Kindle Dx, but Kindle 3 has same Browser now.

Kindle 3
is now only $139.00 at Amazon.

• All-New, High-Contrast E Ink Screen – 50% better contrast with latest E Ink Pearl technology
  • Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare
  • New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts
  • New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area
  • 17% Lighter – Only 8.5 ounces, weighs less than a paperback
  • Battery Life of Up to One Month – A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off
  • Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 books
  • Built-In Wi-Fi – Shop and download books and movies as a Amazon Prime member.(on AndroidTablet)
  • New WebKit-Based Browser – Browse the web over Wi-Fi (experimental)
  • Amazon has just got into the Movie Rental business.
  • Kindle 3 Does not have flash yet, books & music and full internet access available now however.

Last edited by a moderator:

peppers

Feb 27, 2011
Yeah that not really for me, lets say I had a little more money to spend and wanted a nice solid mid rage tablet that runs reasonably quick and has 2.2 or higher.

If this is what you where after what would you get?

Last edited:

peppers

Feb 27, 2011
I am now lookin at the archos 70 what do u guys think of it?

Last edited: