Should I buy?

Dabrute

Sep 22, 2011
Someone is selling me a brand new Archos 7 tablet for 100 even. It's still in the box! Should I get it? Will they ever upgrade the OS?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
It is a very good buy for $100USD. Not sure about what you mean about updating the OS. Archos has provided about 7 or 8 Firmware updates since the Gen8 A70 release. If you are asking if they will provide Honeycomb or even Gingerbread. That looks doubtful, but it is possible. There are some stable Community FW Cyanogen builds and there is also a Linux release.

Dabrute

Sep 22, 2011
It is a very good buy for $100USD. Not sure about what you mean about updating the OS. Archos has provided about 7 or 8 Firmware updates since the Gen8 A70 release. If you are asking if they will provide Honeycomb or even Gingerbread. That looks doubtful, but it is possible. There are some stable Community FW Cyanogen builds and there is also a Linux release.
really? I'll talk him down to 80 and buy it today. Thanks! Does this have access to the android market?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are about three different "fixes" to install Market. Even the built in AppsLib has a Market installer app. Search this forum under Archos and you will find the different offerings. Then Google them or search XDA Developers.