Should I create another Google account?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I just bought myself a Nexus 7 tablet! :) I am supposed to get a $25 Google Play Store credit too, so to setup this Nexus 7, should I use my Google account of my phone (Droid X), current tablet (iDeaUSA), or create a new Google account for this Nexus 7?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Definitely Use your existing account so you can share the apps between your devices. You will get the credit.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I can see the advantages of using a common Google account, but can I move the application .apk files between my devices if I use separate Google accounts? i.e. will a purchased app not work on another of my devices if it used a different Google account?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Listen to Tom, he knows best. ;)

If you use the same account you don't need to worry about moving APKs, which can be done but will not work well in the long run due to update issues with the apps.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
There are worse character flaws than the desperate need to buy a new Android device every other month or so......I think :)

Natey2

May 25, 2012
If you stare at a Google Nexus 7 tablet behind a glass showcase long enough, you will end up buying it. Lol!
Especially if:
A. you don't have the Google Play Store on your current Android device,
B. you are having some app compatibility issues with your current device, (Netflix anyone? it works fine on all my Android devices),
C. your kid wants your Android phone (expensive to replace if broken), but will settle for your generic sub-$100 Android tablet which they want to load up with annoying games, which gives me a valid excuse to get a nicer, faster tablet for myself.
Lol!

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Is there a way to permanently remove apps (annoying games) from being listed in my Google Play account library on the Google Play website? I uninstalled them a long time ago from my devices, and they are showing up on my Nexus 7's listing (My Apps / All).

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Is there a way to permanently remove apps (annoying games) from being listed in my Google Play account library on the Google Play website? I uninstalled them a long time ago from my devices, and they are showing up on my Nexus 7's listing (My Apps / All).

I'm waiting for them to set up a way to do that but I don't think there is a way, yet!

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I hear v3.9.16 of the Google Play Store can delete apps that were once downloaded. Finally!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I hear v3.9.16 of the Google Play Store can delete apps that were once downloaded. Finally!

For the sake of accuracy, the new APK allows you to delete items from the list of apps you had uninstalled from the list of all apps. It doesn't actually delete any apps, just cleans up the list, which is a good thing.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
For the sake of accuracy, the new APK allows you to delete items from the list of apps you had uninstalled from the list of all apps. It doesn't actually delete any apps, just cleans up the list, which is a good thing.

Thanks for the clarification! You think Google read my previous post here comparing them to the Amazon Appstore, and decided to try and keep up with Amazon? :^)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Yes Natey,Google listen to each and everyone of the 7 billion inhabitants of the world and follow their suggestions! :) Unfortunately Google forgets to listen and help people who have a problem with the Nexus 7,I heard.!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
idontknow said:
Yes Natey,Google listen to each and everyone of the 7 billion inhabitants of the world and follow their suggestions! :) Unfortunately Google forgets to listen and help people who have a problem with the Nexus 7,I heard.!

That is just so cynical, I'm afraid I will have to report you to Google. It's really for your own good, for everyone's good. You could totally spell God out of the letters in Google if it had a d in it. Makes you think.....

Last edited: