Should I get an Ainol for my first tablet?

LordGray

Nov 24, 2012
I am getting my first tablet, am on a budget, and have been doing a lot of research for the past couple of days. Ainol seems like a very good brand, and the Novo 10 Hero looks very nice. Or if I wait the Novo 10 Hero 2 and Captain are coming out soon. Would these be good tablets to get? And is it safe to buy directly from the Ainol site or should I buy from some other dealer?

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I've never used the Hero or Captain and they haven't been around long enough to see a lot of user feedback. If it was me, I'd wait a little while to make sure there are no major defects.

With that said, I like my Crystal and might be getting myself a Fire for Xmas, so I've had a good experience with Aionol tablets so far. I'm going to by from flsuperstore.com because its in the U.S. and the owner is an active member on SlateDroid. Mcbub.com is a non-American but legit company with good prices that I've bought from in the past. Ali Express has a bad rap but if you buy from top sellers you should be okay most of the time, however, you are taking a risk.

Sent from HP Touchpad - Fat'N Creamy CM9 @1.7GHz

LordGray

Nov 24, 2012
I've never used the Hero or Captain and they haven't been around long enough to see a lot of user feedback. If it was me, I'd wait a little while to make sure there are no major defects.

With that said, I like my Crystal and might be getting myself a Fire for Xmas, so I've had a good experience with Aionol tablets so far. I'm going to by from flsuperstore.com because its in the U.S. and the owner is an active member on SlateDroid. Mcbub.com is a non-American but legit company with good prices that I've bought from in the past. Ali Express has a bad rap but if you buy from top sellers you should be okay most of the time, however, you are taking a risk.

Sent from HP Touchpad - Fat'N Creamy CM9 @1.7GHz
I was considering the Ainol Novo 10 Hero, but it is not on flsuperstore. Will it be on there later? The only tablet that fits what I want on that site is the Zenithink C93, is that a good tablet?

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
It looks like he has a placeholder for it. Apparently there is a shortage of Ainol tablets at the moment and he sold out of the Fire and Crystal pretty fast. He might not get the Fire, Crystal or Hero before Christmas but said he would update his site right away if he gets a tracking number from his supplier.

LordGray

Nov 24, 2012
It looks like he has a placeholder for it. Apparently there is a shortage of Ainol tablets at the moment and he sold out of the Fire and Crystal pretty fast. He might not get the Fire, Crystal or Hero before Christmas but said he would update his site right away if he gets a tracking number from his supplier.
Alright thank you. I probably wont be ordering a tablet until after christmas anyways:D

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
LordGray,

I've also done some extensive research on the Ainol Novo tablets. One issue I see is that they only make a model for 3-6 months before they move on to a new model. Not sure about on-going support. I do read good things about their tablets, and there seems to be some good development support out there.

I like the Ainol Novo 7 FLAME 7", US version of the FIRE, and the Ainol Novo 10" Hero. The uplaytablet link below has a good side-by-side comparison of the 10" Hero and the upcoming 10" Captain. If you click on the "Ainol NOVO 10 Hero" link on the site below, you'll find the comparison near the very bottom of the page.

uplaytablet . com/product-category/tablets/ainol-tablets/

I've emailed the FLSuperstore.com Team on other Ainol 7" tablets, check them out on eBay, and gotten some great feedback. The USA-based aspect is a great + for me as well.

I've also researched the uplaytablet folks. They are also based in the US, but they "ship" from China :( They currently have the 10" Hero IN STOCK! Not sure, but I would probably lean towards the FLSuperstore guys.

Good luck,

Robyski

Last edited: