Should I keep it the Ainol?

fava

Feb 11, 2012
Hello everyone.

I recently got the Ainol 7 paladin from ebay. I wanted my kid to watch some youtube videos, play some games etc.
I get only problems with the tablet, so I am very frustrated with it. Can you please provide me some answers, if you can?
I am ready to give it away!

1) No youtube videos: Once you push (on the screen) the play button, it looks like playing but I think I can see only a small part of the video...
2) There are numerous apps that I can't use: dolphin browser, opera and others (I get a message that are not compatible with the device)
3) I cannot have the tablet connected with my Imac via the USB. Neither with the windows using parallels!
4) It can't see the minisd's; I don't know if there are in another incompatible format (they were used in Nokia phones before).
5) When I use the android market on it, and search for something, I don't get the results in a relativeness way, can I change the way results appear?

Actually I wasn't able to transfer anything to it besides using the internet via wifi, since everything else failed (I described the ways I tried in 3 & 4)

Any help would be appreciated. I am really very disappointed...

Thanks in advance

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Re sd cards,as long as you format them on pc to fat32 file they should work, for video try pinching the screen for zoom/shrink. Other things may need you to play around with settings to get just right. Remember this is Chinese software and takes a little getting used to. Im sure it willl be fine once you figure it out. For. The money theyre great tabs, wish i could afford one. I use a mid epad with 256mb ram, 4gb memory. 800mhz cpu so games ad video are extremely limited indeed but it just about does the job for web browsing, e books etc.good luck & have fun figuring it out a little patience pays in the end.

w8650 in hope of enlightenment * :)

jsanford

Oct 12, 2011
I found out my Novo paladin couldn't use the nook app but it could the kindle so I got the free kindle appmand bought a book. Since it is such a light weight tab it's an excellent e-book reader. 5I read my new york times and other papers on it plus calendar, todo list, contacts, the usual. I also have Acer A100 and A500.
Bought it from McBub at $109 incl shipping. took 3 weeks.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Aldiko is an excellent reader app for epub and pdf files also

wm8650 on a wing & a prayer :-0

fava

Feb 11, 2012
I also tried to update software version 4.0.3 but it doesn't seem to be working. The update procedure can't be completed....

nhwestra

Nov 3, 2011
Don't change the OS. get use to it. change the launcher if you want. go to market.android.com....search launcher...take your pick. 4.0.3 has problems...new folks like your self should not 'upgrade' unless you are prepared to do some problem solving.
The launcher apk is programable...u can make all sorts of changes to the OS layout.
As far as usb...u need to go into settings and and check usb debugging. then when connected u need to swipe down on the home screen and enable usb.

U also need to do a few hours of reading on android. I did. Most here did. u have common issues athat the forums can address.

jasandalb

Dec 28, 2011
i've played with my paladin over the weekend, and followed alot of advice. To the OP.. DONT GET RID OF IT. Yes, there are things you cant do on it yet.... but, I say in a few months, more developers will solve the 4.0ICS series. So.. then, those with older OS will be behind and those of us with the 4.0ICS will be current... not to mention prices or newer tablets (wonder what samsung or dell or lg will charge for a top tier 4.0ICS)

I am still learning, yes...I cant play youtube now, or get the facebook app... But..I've found "PULSE" which is a cool customizable news app, a cookbook/recipe app, and the kindle app. So right now, its fine for me. I'll stay ahead of the curve....learn a bit more and really blow this thing out of the water!!

sandbird

Mar 14, 2012
Youtube worked fine on Aurora.
Firefox working, I didn't try Opera and I think that Dolphin is installed out of the box (it's not my device so I can't test it now).
I heard that it should support exFAT but I didn't test it.
We tried to play HD movie and it worked fine.