Showing Nook Color (running Honeycomb) screen on PC

coskippy

Jul 31, 2011
At work, I frequently demo my company's Android mobile app and I'd like to display it on my desktop monitor for easier viewing by others.

My plan is to first buy a Nook Color and have it run Honeycomb off a microSD card.

Once I get to that point, can I then install a utility like AndroidScreenCast or Ashot to display the Nook screen on my desktop?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
At work, I frequently demo my company's Android mobile app and I'd like to display it on my desktop monitor for easier viewing by others.

My plan is to first buy a Nook Color and have it run Honeycomb off a microSD card.

Once I get to that point, can I then install a utility like AndroidScreenCast or Ashot to display the Nook screen on my desktop?

Not likely but I don't know for sure. The problem with Honeycomb on the Nook is that it is just a preview build based on the emulator, not full Honeycomb. Because of this it is highly unlikely that one of those apps will work with the current version of Honeycomb. You can always try it out and let us know but again, Honeycomb for the Nook Color is very limited and not without its problems.

JP