Side Wonder Machine

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
Hi everyone.
I have installed the side wonder machine on my laptop which is running Windows 7, i plug in the a2109a in, and it is recognized in my computer.
I then try to install an apk file i have but get the error message device not found. I have USB debugging enabled on the tablet, but i have read that i need
a USB driver to be installed, is this on the laptop or the tablet?. I have found a list of usb drivers on this forum but which one do i need, there is so many of them
Thanks Roger

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Why do you even need the Sideload Wonder Machine? The only reason the Machine exists is because AT&T in the United States blocked the ability to install from unknown sources on its Froyo phones: a block that was eventually removed. The A2109 has the Play Store as well as the capability of installing apps from unknown sources, and thus the Sideload Wonder Machine shouldn't be needed.

Last edited:

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
well it all started with adobe flash player and the popcorn player app. I tried to get on to the web sites that was in the write up about the popcorn player but on the tablet all i could get was web page unavailable,
but i could get them on my laptop so i downloaded the apk file, then i needed to install it on the tablet and found the SWM. I've since found and installed adobe flash player and the popcorn player app from else where, but i don't like giving up on what i started, that's why.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Yes, but when better methods are available that require less expenditure of time and energy it's prudent to cut your losses. The entire point of the Sideload Wonder Machine was as a way to bypass an obscenely silly restriction implemented by a US cellular carrier who thought that the old model of "lock down the phone so we can put our crap on it" would still hold using Android. They learned their lesson.

Speaking of those better methods that don't waste time and energy, if you use Chrome, install the Chrome to Phone extension on your laptop and the Chrome to Phone app on your tablet. When you find an app you want, simply Chrome to Phone the link and pull it up on your tablet. From there, install it and call it a day.

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
That been said i would stiil like to know why it does not work, and what i need to make it work. After all it's my time and effort i'm wasting.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I can only speculate since the only device I had that could benefit from the program had that block removed three years ago, and thus I never used it. I believe the program is issuing commands your tablet isn't recognizing. Either that or the program expects certain things that your tablet does not have. What those things could be I couldn't tell you. Put simply, the program is too old to be of use with current devices. It's unlikely to ever be updated since the reason for its creation is no longer present. Searching for Sideload Wonder Machine reveals a lot of people unable to use it with modern devices. Thus, unless you know how to code it's not likely you will ever get it to work.

rogerlewis

Apr 26, 2013
Hi thanks for that, i hate giving up on something. I think it's something to do with a usb driver for the lenovo, which has to be installed on the laptop.
Thanks again.
Regards.
Roger.

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Hi thanks for that, i hate giving up on something. I think it's something to do with a usb driver for the lenovo, which has to be installed on the laptop.
Thanks again.
Regards.
Roger.

It didn't work for me either... What I do, thats very easy, is just use google drive on my tab, put my APKs from the desktop to my google drive, then install the APKs with a file manager.. Takes 2 minutes tops, and you're done. :)