SIM CARD not working / Any Ideas?

adrian001

Dec 9, 2012
For 5 days i'm browsing the forum.
I have an huge problem. I took my S7 Slim 201u from an friend. Had an factory reset on the old android 2.2.2. Since then my sim card doesnt work anymore.

I rooted the tablet with SuperOneClick , flashed CWM 6.0.1.2 on it. Also i flashed the rom from asturel CM 10-20121203- EXPERIMENTAL - S7.
Still my netowork doesnt work. I have no signal bars in the notifications bar.
in MOBILE NETWORKS -> DATA ENABLED (checked)
when i click on Network Operators the Searching bar comes up and freezes.

Also, When i go in file manager, i can still see the app folders from prev. 2.2.2 android.
When i flashed the CM10 i did "wipe data / factory reset" "wipe cache part" "wipe Dalvik "
I flashed before on HTC hero, hd2, Samsung S3... Am i doing something wrong with this S7 ? Is driving me crazy
I cant get my simcard to work . I tried allready 3 different simcards with different Network Carriers.
Is it an software problem?

About tablet

Android
Kernel Version
2.6.32.9-ideos
[email protected] #1
CyanogenMod Version
10-20121203-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel

NETWORK
(unknown)

SIGNAL STRENGTH
(-89dBm 12 asu)

MOBILE NETWORK TYPE
(unknown:0)

SERVICE STATE
(out of service)

Roaming
(not roaming)

MOBILE NETWORK STATE
(disconnected)

MDN
(unknown)

IMEI
(unknown)

IMEI SV
(unknown)

Any suggestions?:mad: Thx

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
my sim card is working , use the same version , but my tablet always dead, I must reset the battery and reboot .
when I take out the sim card , the tablet never dead.
I use wcdma sim card

sol7

Dec 10, 2013
no radio fix: try to disable sim password requirement (ofc in an another device)

source: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing s7_slim at the end of the page

I've tried personally; sim with pin are not recognized so in another device try to disable it.

Not good for security reasons but if you want to use the device with mobile data and/or call & sms there is no other way;)