Simple Graphing App

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I've searched all over for a few hours, but if you look for anything regarding graphing, all you get is graphing calculator application that will only graph mathematical functions.

I'd like to find an application that can graph pairs of numbers, as in X-Y pairs, and display a scatter chart or a line chart. Stuff like you get from Chem lab or Physics lab. Ultimately, I'd like to even switch the axis from regular to logarithmic, or double log.

Is there such an app?

thx

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
please,

I do NOT want an app to graph functions. I need to graph numbers.

X-Y pairs of numbers

I have to use a computer with MS Excel to make graphs /charts.

Last edited:

zulzie

May 18, 2012
have you had any luck finding an app for this? i want to simply graph time vs. a value....ph in this case.....and export it to a printer, eventually....or my mac.....if i find anything, i will let you know....

Music

Feb 5, 2011
That's way too much expense ( or stuff./risk) to just make a simple graph of some numerical data, like zulzie wanted. Accessing your home PC is not a good idea in the current day, and how many people really have 3G for an android tablet? So since our tabs are just about as powerful as a laptop PC, and definitely MORE portable :) , there ought to be an application to do this task.

I've looked into the office-like spreadsheet apps for androids, starting with the installed DocsToGo, and surprisingly, none have the ability to even create a simple scatter chart! And they called the apps "Full-featured" and "supports charts" but the charts have to be created with a desktop application like MS Excel.

Zulzie-
I'm currently have an a application called "simple graph" but it only allows you to enter the Y values. The X values are just integers, like #1, #2, 3... etc. I have contacted the developer, and he "promised" to work on it to be a fuller- featured graphing application. Maybe you could install the app and contact the developer too?

If there is a work-around for one of the graphing calculators, I haven't found one or figure one out.

thx

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It took this long (1 year?) to find an application that will chart data...

the Quickoffice spreadsheet app will actually allow you to create a chart(scatter, line, bar, column, the same way you do it in MS excel. It's a PITA to enter the data, but it works.