Skins . Covers Kyros

0TechNinja0

Jul 22, 2011
This really applies to the Coby Kyros MID-7022, but it shares similar dimensions with the 7024. I was looking for a skin mine. I did not want a folio style case, but instead something to protect the device like a phone case. I did some research and found out that the Kyros has similar dimensions as the Galaxy Tab. So I looked at Monoproce.com and found two options.
The first was a TPU case (think rubberized plastic, smooth to the touch) and I found this one for $2.43.

$IMG_0634.jpg $IMG_0635.jpg

I also like the soft silicone cases (think soft rubber, sticky to the touch) and I found this one for $2.07.

$IMG_0633.jpg $IMG_0636.jpg

They come in different styles/colors, but I prefer black. Since they were so cheap I bought them both. They also have screen protectors for $.34/each.

Here is what I found.

The TPU case was too small to fit. These are designed to be a snug/secure fit, and the extra few millimeters on the Kyros meant that it would not go on. I might try heating it up in boiling water later to see if that softens it up enough to go on.

The Silicone case fit on with no problems, but you need to put it on upside down. On the Galaxy Tab, the buttons on the bottom/right side almost match up with the Kyros, but if you put it on right side up, the thicker part of the silicone covers part of the screen. However if you just put it on upside down the n the thick part of the case covers the back button; which for me was no big deal. I did have to expand a couple of the holes with a razor blade to accommodate the power button and the charging port. I just left the rest of them covered. The case does cover the camera hole, but I never use that, and If I did, I would use a hole punch to make a hole for it. In the end, this is the case I will be using. See my pictures below.

$IMG_0637.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/matkyne/Mods/SIDES.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/matkyne/Mods/IMG_0643.jpg

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
This really applies to the Coby Kyros MID-7022, but it shares similar dimensions with the 7024. I was looking for a skin mine. I did not want a folio style case, but instead something to protect the device like a phone case. I did some research and found out that the Kyros has similar dimensions as the Galaxy Tab. So I looked at Monoproce.com and found two options.
The first was a TPU case (think rubberized plastic, smooth to the touch) and I found this one for $2.43.

View attachment 3303 View attachment 3304

I also like the soft silicone cases (think soft rubber, sticky to the touch) and I found this one for $2.07.

View attachment 3305 View attachment 3306

They come in different styles/colors, but I prefer black. Since they were so cheap I bought them both. They also have screen protectors for $.34/each.

Here is what I found.

The TPU case was too small to fit. These are designed to be a snug/secure fit, and the extra few millimeters on the Kyros meant that it would not go on. I might try heating it up in boiling water later to see if that softens it up enough to go on.

The Silicone case fit on with no problems, but you need to put it on upside down. On the Galaxy Tab, the buttons on the bottom/right side almost match up with the Kyros, but if you put it on right side up, the thicker part of the silicone covers part of the screen. However if you just put it on upside down the n the thick part of the case covers the back button; which for me was no big deal. I did have to expand a couple of the holes with a razor blade to accommodate the power button and the charging port. I just left the rest of them covered. The case does cover the camera hole, but I never use that, and If I did, I would use a hole punch to make a hole for it. In the end, this is the case I will be using. See my pictures below.

View attachment 3307

Hi,

I'm also looking for a gel-type skin for my MID7022. Did you ever try heating up the TPU skin to see if you could get it to fit? I think that for skins, "tight" is probably good, as long as you can get it on...

Jim

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011

View attachment 3303 View attachment 3304

View attachment 3305 View attachment 3306

Here is what I found.

View attachment 3307

Thanks for all this info! that monoprice place is actually 10 minutes from where I live ironically enough! I like the black fitment of the silicone case as I too am tired of my tablet jacket for the 7022 and want something more like the silicone case on my phone. Going to try it out

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
I was in Wal-Mart last night buying a cheap wireless router because my 7022 wouldn't recognize my ad-hoc network, and I saw a Case Logic semi-soft case for $19 that holds the unit in with the corner stretchy straps. It has a velcro strap to allow the case to hold open like a clamshell, letting your unit sit up vertically. I like it and just might get it, though I think I'll take my Kyros in there and test drive it first.