Sky Map and Compass Apps don't work

wvb6464

Dec 19, 2011
I loaded Google Sky Map and Super Compass apps on my Sony S Tablet. Neither seem to work properly. I tried calibrating the compass with no success. Will these type apps work on this tablet? Any suggestions from anyone?

gadgyt

Dec 11, 2011
Google Sky Map works fine for me, though I do have to calibtrate the compass quite often. I have found the easiest way to do this is with an application called 'GPS Status'. Not sure if this device specific or just Android as I have to calibrate my HTC DHD quite often as well, when I was using Nokias I never had this problem.

gadgyt

Dec 11, 2011
just tried Super Compass, ergh, needs optimising for tablets. I did try the calibration feature which worked but especially with a tablet I'm not a fan of the figure of eight method. I rotate my phone/tablet twice around each of its three axis.

yanotf

Dec 21, 2011
Hello,

This is my first post here and i'm also new to Android :)

I think Google Maps always work. When I first use the app i'm being presented with Lattitude which instantly gives me my location. So we know for sure the GPS (or aGPS) works correctly. From this point on I can give a point where I want to go and that's where a problem begins.
When I set a destination point I usually get "unknown road" which confuses the Navigation system. They call it beta but for me it is pre-alpha :) It seems those two apps can't change data between them.

Yesterday I tried to "go" far to the north of Norway, Maps showed me my road but Navigation told it was impossible to go there! An other point I tried gave me again an unknown road so next time I will not know where it has been so it is too early to rely on those apps. However it is us, users who can help them make it work.

The other tning is they are not prepared to give it to tablets, they still keep telling me I use a phone:)

These is what I think, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards yanoth

pastlife209

Dec 29, 2011
Im new to android and tablets
I tried skymaps and compass apps. It wont give me my location. The compass wont calibrate. Skymaps is not functionable. GPS location in wireless is on. Im on coby kyros 7022

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum