Skype Hanging Up on Sign In.

Pawel

May 21, 2011
Hello, I just got a gTablet and uploaded Skype from gMarket (Handango). It installed fine but then would hung up on sign in. Tried a fiew times, uninstalled and reinstalled, but still the same result. Other apps are working fine. Any advice?

easwaim

May 22, 2011
I, dont know whats wrong but i know that a lot of people have problems with skype. But mine works just fine. i actually pay 3$ a month and call peoples phones.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Skype really doesn't work yet on the g-tab. Maybe with Honeycomb it will eventually.

Pawel

May 21, 2011
I, dont know whats wrong but i know that a lot of people have problems with skype. But mine works just fine. i actually pay 3$ a month and call peoples phones.

Thanks. Does skype work on your g tablet or some other tablet? If it works on g-tab, did you have to make any changes (root, etc.)?:confused:

Pawel

May 21, 2011
Thanks Fuganator. Is it coming soon? Is there anything else I can do? I am new to this but I can see that many people perform enhancements (rooting, etc.) and then they can use skype and many other features....

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Its a skype thing not a g-tablet thing. I'm sure in the next few months it will be avilable.

46jimbo

May 12, 2011
I'm using Skype successfully with the TNT G_Harmonyv1.2 ROM. (One little glitch, I noticed that I always have to click on the microphone icon to turn it on.) I have tested a couple of other ROMs and found that Skype hung when trying to load it. So there appears to be something going on in some of the ROMs that is causing the problem. Give the G Harmony a try.

Pawel

May 21, 2011
Thanks 46, where would I find instructions to install G Harmony? Remember, I am new to this...

easwaim

May 22, 2011
Thanks. Does skype work on your g tablet or some other tablet? If it works on g-tab, did you have to make any changes (root, etc.)?:confused:

yes it works on my g tablet im currently running cm7 so yes im rooted besides that nothing speical