Skype, new release as of August 4, 2011, V2.1.0.46

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
Skype released a new version on August 4, 2011, V2.1.0.46. can someone please post the new APK file so it can be downloaded. Market won't let me download it. Thank you!!

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Skype released a new version on August 4, 2011, V2.1.0.46. can someone please post the new APK file so it can be downloaded. Market won't let me download it. Thank you!!
Here is the 2.1 version of skype. They now give you the option to turn on the video calling feature in settings but the coby 7022 tablet can't handle video chat because it doesn't support NEON technology support which is needed for video chat. Maybe the 7024 supports NEON technology support because it has a different processor.

Attachments

• $Skype 2.1.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 7,769

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I tried downloading that file to my computer and installing it on my tablet, it won't install.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I got it finally installed but it won't do video. Crashes the moment I start a video call.

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
You have to made normal call and add video later (but the tablet wont send video, just receive...)

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Sadly no I can't even recieve video.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

I downloaded SKYPE from Market yesterday and was able to recieve but not send video, the voice/microphone worked too.

I ran across this site on the web that claims to have a Skype version that works only for Android 2.3 Claims it makes the video work for either/both rear and front facing cameras

xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v10) / fixes, extra features & more!

I have NOT tried this version yet. Just thought I would let you guys know. I have a MID7022 not rooted.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I downloaded SKYPE from Market yesterday and was able to recieve but not send video, the voice/microphone worked too.

I ran across this site on the web that claims to have a Skype version that works only for Android 2.3 Claims it makes the video work for either/both rear and front facing cameras

xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v10) / fixes, extra features & more!

I have NOT tried this version yet. Just thought I would let you guys know. I have a MID7022 not rooted.
Just tried this version. Still can't send video but I could actually recieve video but had to go into advanced settings and turn on Force-enable video-calling and avoid set FPS.

UPDATE: The post above is way out dated the latest v10 works I can now recieve and Send video but the quality isn't great but better then nothing. I had to turn on Force-enable video-calling, avoid set FPS and Use valid preview surface in order for it to work.Thanks for the great find DuhDroid. Link to V10

Last edited:

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Hey NP Trickbiker, glad I could be of help......now if I could only get it to work on my 7022. Not nearly as Android savvy as most of you are.

So this means I would have to be rooted to use this xda version of Skype or can one just download the version in the link you provided?

Also, which download did you use? The one titled: Skype_2.1.0.46_v10.rar or the one titled MultiUpload

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Hey NP Trickbiker, glad I could be of help......now if I could only get it to work on my 7022. Not nearly as Android savvy as most of you are.

So this means I would have to be rooted to use this xda version of Skype or can one just download the version in the link you provided?

Also, which download did you use? The one titled: Skype_2.1.0.46_v10.rar or the one titled MultiUpload

You do NOT need to be rooted to use it. I used the multiupload the rar version was giving me problems when trying to install.

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
You do NOT need to be rooted to use it. I used the multiupload the rar version was giving me problems when trying to install.

Great! Thanks! I will try this myself. Perhaps the low quality video image you were experiencing is due to the low rating of our camera, being only .3 megapixels?

If this is a stable apk and contiunes to work well , we should spread the word as using Skype on the 7022 is a hot topic .