Skype on android tablet

billy1968

Jan 8, 2012
I bought my kid a 4G 7" MID Google Android 2.2 Touchscreen Tablet PC Laptop WiFi +3G mainly because it had Skype.
In order to create a Skype account through this device, it needs a phone number to do so. How does this work? This tablet doesn't seem to have any calling capability. Please help!

billy1968

Jan 8, 2012
I guess not, IDK, I'm stuck at "My phone number" last thing needed after username, password, and email.

kroemerk

Jan 9, 2012
Just leave it blank. I think that was what I did.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

jdsteckling

Sep 30, 2011
If you call the place you purchased it from they will tell you that it has a number assigned to it and what that number is. I have the larger Galaxy Tablet and I use it to Skype and have great success on WIFI and moderate success otherwise!

Daboy1968

Jan 2, 2012
Try setting up the account on a windows PC and then verifying it by email. You should then be able to sign in with the android tablet. That should bypass the need for a telephone number.

Via Tapatalk.

dwilson

Jan 14, 2012
I bought a Google SuperPad i10 and wanted to download the Skype app but it isn't listed in the Android Market. I am using Android 2.3. Any ideas how to obtain the Skype app?

antonylewar

Mar 12, 2012
The calling is done with skype to skype. It doesn't require any physical phone. Just like calling computer to computer with a messenger.

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
I think you only need to add your home phone number to it just like your email add, etc.... but you are not going to use that number per se, particularly if you are just going to use it for skype to skype call... :p