Skype on Coby Kyros MID7024 How to??

hosdoc

Apr 27, 2011
How can you download Skype to the Kyros 7024. Going to Europe want to use to communicate with home? Tx

mkol

Apr 16, 2011
How can you download Skype to the Kyros 7024. Going to Europe want to use to communicate with home? Tx

I tried installing Skype from Freeware lovers, but it gets stuck at the signing in stage. After trying to google a solution, this seems to big a problem for a lot of tablets.

I tried versions 1.0.0.983 and 1.0.0.614.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Same i tried sooooooooo many different versions and types and all fail at sign in, On the 7015 skype works perfectly

IngoThomas

May 5, 2011
Work in progress here, no outcome. I had to register with the android market place which required me to verify my PayPal account. This will take 24 hours. For now the Kyros doesn't show up on the list of registered devices. I hope this changes, otherwise I am 'up [-beep-] creek without a paddle' with regards to Skype.
Unrelated: This is one of my three core apps. Dropbox works fine (computer, phone, tablet), Evernote only on my phone and computer, and Skype only computer. Hoping for a better future.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Work in progress here, no outcome. I had to register with the android market place which required me to verify my PayPal account. This will take 24 hours. For now the Kyros doesn't show up on the list of registered devices. I hope this changes, otherwise I am 'up [-beep-] creek without a paddle' with regards to Skype.
Unrelated: This is one of my three core apps. Dropbox works fine (computer, phone, tablet), Evernote only on my phone and computer, and Skype only computer. Hoping for a better future.
Will be waiting. I NEED SKYPE ON MY KYROS SO BAD!!! Didnt they have a video on their website with the 7024 with skype? I think i saw a preview somewhere

IndiGenus

Apr 7, 2011
Is your tablet rooted? Because with me it happened the same problem as the others, it installs but it never connects.... (my tablet isnt rooted)
Same here. No root, Skype installs but crashes on sign in. Anyone else have any luck getting Skype running?

buffalosaint

Apr 26, 2011
I was able to download install and run Fring but it doesn't record voice on my test call. Does this thing have a mic?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I have a thread over the sylvania tablets wich i posted a link for a working skype apk; you dont have to uninstalled the phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk in order to let the skupe to work, if you uninstalled those.apk? Prepare to install them again

Sent from my p7901a using Android Tablet Forum App

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
I have a thread over the sylvania tablets wich i posted a link for a working skype apk; you dont have to uninstalled the phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk in order to let the skupe to work, if you uninstalled those.apk? Prepare to install them again

Sent from my p7901a using Android Tablet Forum App

I can see you dont have the Coby Kyros 7024... Well... I tried the Skype App you mentioned and it didn't work for me. I never unistalled phone.apk or telephonyprovider.apk ( I dont think they come with the 7024 tablet???) Can I install them on my tablet??

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Its weird? because the skype that i managed to get work over my sylvania tablet is the cracked version of the one that comes in the samsung galaxy tab, and it works for me... in froyo 2.2.1 of course; i'm sorry to hear that it didnt work out

relaxin

May 25, 2011
i think its something to do with network service, anyone get that to work, maybe with android marketplace?