Skype on Coby Kyros MID7024 How to??

javier2

May 2, 2011
Now there is a new skype version for android with video in the market, apparently the video doesnt work with the kyros... but is possible to install...
Downloaded from xda-developers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=641755&d=1309428200
I suggest you take a look at the thread on their forum[DEV] Modified Skype app with Video - Page 14 - xda-developers

I downloaded and installed it on 8024 (without modifying build.prop) but don´t works.

teach27

Jul 1, 2011
After downloading Skype from Applib and having it fail at signin I spoke to the Kyros help desk. They said that was a common problem and that Skype was not working yet. I then went to Download free Skype app for Android at Freeware Lovers and downloaded version 2.0.0.45. There is no video. The microphone did not work until I turned my tablet on and off. The external speakers do not work - however after reading this thread I plugged in my headphones and it worked fine. It makes sense that headphones would be needed as the microphone and speakers are so close together that there would be a lot of feedback. I also downloaded Flash 10.3 from the same site and it works perfectly! What a great little tablet!

nisar

Jun 7, 2011
Hi ,

I did as you said, I went to root explore and open that file but problem is that how to edit and save it
I install notepad application also but that build.prop is keep opening in same way I can see
all data but i cant edit please advise me how to do that.

javier2

May 2, 2011
Step by step how to modify build.prop

1 download and install ROOT EXPLORER V2.14.2 ONLY THIS VERSION WORKS!, REMOVE ANY OTHER VERSION
download and install Z4ROOT V1.3.0 ONLY THIS VERSION WORKS!
2 execute Z4ROOT , select TEMPORARY ROOT and wait for restart.
3 execute ROOT EXPLORER, locate build.prop in /system folder.
4 LONG PRESS build.prop
5 select OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR
6 go down and tap at the end of the line : ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1 , you'll see the keyboard, go down and replace with 0, press done, press MENU and select Save & Exit.
7 restart tablet.

nisar

Jun 7, 2011
Hi

Thanks for the replay i did as you said finally I m able to edit prop file and after restarting
my tablet skype is giving same error cant sign in.

earlier I have one factory skype which only support chatting now I have installed new version
but i cant even connect it.

How to solve this any idea

Nisar

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Make sure you saved the file build.prop and uninstall older versions of skype

Last edited:

RobStarsky

Aug 17, 2011
People ! When I got my coby 8024 I came here and then visited Youtube. I`ve found this video
. If You don`t speak portuguese no problem. Just get Skype 2.0.0.47.apk from 4shared Skype 2.0.0.47.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download IT WOKZ!!!. I got a nr. in my home town thrue skype so wherever I am, nonskypers can call me and whene I call them them, they see my nr.. I don`t work for skype or coby! I`m just enjoying my superphone.

ps. After I got it and red how many people had problems I was ready to take it back.
ps2. For a generic ( and coby) it`s not to bad. Retstart it after You install smth, just like you wash your hands befor you eat...

Last edited by a moderator:

skydancerusa

Sep 22, 2011
I bought my coby 7024 from smeone on ebay and he had already installed android market. I was unable to install skype from the market but had no problems downloading and installing from the free resource from this forum. I did NOT even have to go through the root dir changes, I just opened Skype. I already had a skype account and my log in was accepted without problems. Trial phone calls stopped after a few seconds, as reported by others.Skype has a testing service for mike and speakers and as soon as I plugged in the headphones, everything worked. I tried my test calls again with head phone plugged and it works like a charm. Its curious, but it works! Thank you so much, you are awesome. I wonder if we can get video calls also on this tab. Anne

crazyonekid

Dec 17, 2011
I find many looking to install apps from the market, a great video on how to do this is
. This will set you up with the market, but that will not solve issues with Skype. The thing to remember is the tablet is not a phone and the drivers for the phone applications are different on the tablets. Ideally you need several app markets to find the correct app for your tablet. If you have a Coby install getJar http://www.cobyusa.com/getjar-apk/ this app market does a better job of ensuring the apps will work with your Coby tablet. That said many apps such as Skype will work for voice calls on your tablet, but video drivers have not been sorted yet I am sure they will be just keep your eye out for updates. Hope this helps with frustration.

Last edited by a moderator: