Skype Problems on my TABLET

jassi

May 29, 2012
hii.. guys, i gotta a new tab Karbonn smart tab1, its specs are:- Android 4.0.3 , Ram 512mb. but my tab is not supporting skype even android market said it doesnt support ur device, moreover is there any way tht if i download it on my pc and thn i install it on my tablet

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

You can try to find it to download on your PC. Check the market for the latest version, then google for "Skype 2.8.0 apk" and see what you can find. (APK are similar to .exe on Windows). Next, transfer it to your tablet however you are most comfortable (Drobox, USB, Email, external storage, WiFi, FTP).

You will have to enable unknown sources to install apps. Android 3.X and older, this is in Settings - Apps - Unknown Sources. Android 4.X it is in Settings - Privacy & Security - Unknown sournces.

Now just run the APK and it should install and then see if it works.

Keep in mind, doing it this way could open yourself up to a virus or malware if the site you downalod from happens to have an infected file. It is not recommended to do this if at all possible.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jassi, it appears my friend Frederuco has already answered your question, so I'll just say, "Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet." Enjoy the tablet and the forum!

GenMasterB

Dec 19, 2011
Also, I know there is a problem with a version not working w/ICS. I had to revert to an older one on my tablet. Not sure if they fixed the problem. but he is right, you'll need to "side-load" the app if the market wont see your device as working with skype. it still should work with right version.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Also, I know there is a problem with a version not working w/ICS. I had to revert to an older one on my tablet. Not sure if they fixed the problem. but he is right, you'll need to "side-load" the app if the market wont see your device as working with skype. it still should work with right version.

Of course I am right, my wife is not here!

cakksingh

Jun 1, 2012
hi
I have same problem and not finding skpe 2.8 pk file, pl help.
No any vidio application are compatabe with this table.

cakksingh

Jun 1, 2012
not install. showimg error that pacage is corrupt.
i have downloaded from two website spype 8.0.920 apk, but both are not install.
pl suggest, now what to do.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello cakksingh, welcome to you as well. I'm moving this thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section to see if anyone there is able to help you. Good luck!

Natey2

May 25, 2012

v2.8.0.920 is the current one in the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skype.raider

Works on my tablet (based on Android 4.0.3).
Sometimes tablet manufacturers hack the OS so much, and still claim "ICS", and a lot of things don't work.
Google should really publish their Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) as an app, and we can weed out the overly-deviant tablet manufacturers.

kisbak

Jun 2, 2012
I have also bought this tablet. Didn't find a single application which works for video chat. Not sure what all tweaking has been done to the OS for this tablet

cakksingh

Jun 1, 2012
Any further development, Please inform.
i have wriiten to Skype, but got any response.
Google has response, but not given any solution and advise to talk with Application developer.

ashish1110

Jun 18, 2012
kisbak said:
I have also bought this tablet. Didn't find a single application which works for video chat. Not sure what all tweaking has been done to the OS for this tablet

same here, I have bought the tablet for video chat only and now feel cheated. The tablet is use less for me. In case of an update plz passed the solution. I shall do the same if I come across any solution.