Skype Video Calling

donnab0413

May 5, 2011
Hey could you help me out, pretty please! Tried downloading skype and couldn't get past the log in, as I have seen others have the same problem. Saw your message about nimbuzz, got it downloaded but can't get it to give me the verification code to finish with sign in.

halliong

Sep 29, 2011
Movicha is a coss platform Video chat app (works on Android 3.2, iPad and Windows OS.) However on my Asus EeePad transformer, only the rear camera will work - can anyone tell me how to swap the cameras around?

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
You can download the skype app from the android market or amazon market. In the settings you can activate video calling. The prompt may say that your device is not supported, but it works on my transformer. Skype just released an update today that supports Android honeycomb.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

halliong

Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for the tip - Skype video now works a treat (PS I was getting some flack from my wife as Skype worked fine on her iPad.) Cheers.

halliong

Sep 29, 2011
Have Skype working now - thanks to those above. Now people can't hear me - the mic on the side of the Transformer doesn't appear to be working very well and neither does the headset even when volume is on high - any ideas?

ahmady2205

Nov 5, 2011
Damm..both Nimbuzz or Fringe not supporting Skype..whyy???? I'm using WM8650 platform with 256 Ram and been trying to do video calling. Fringe video calling does not work on my machine...hellppp!!!!

Donalex

Nov 13, 2011
I plan to buy Tabtech M010S 7" tab does anyone know if I can use skype over wifi with this?
[h=1][/h]

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
Skype works pretty well on the Viewbook 730. Like all Froyo (android 2.2) devices it cannot send your video out but it can deliver the video from the person you are calling and the audio is pretty good except for the creaking of the device as you handle it while you're talking. Need to hold it still and not move your hands around while you are talking.
But it does work well and it receives calls from the background - meaning you can be doing something else and if someone calls you it pops up.