Skype works but upside down

Gibbs

May 11, 2013
I have the Skype program on my Polaroid PMID720 Android Internet Tablet, and it seems to work fine. Except when I start it up and have the tablet in the normal position I use to hold with the camera lens up in the upper right, it flips to upside down right away and does not go back no matter how long you hold it. I then have to rotate the tablet to 180 deg to see the app as it should appear.

Any idea what is going on? All the other apps will auto-rotate, but not Skype.

Jun 12, 2013
I have the Skype program on my Polaroid PMID720 Android Internet Tablet, and it seems to work fine. Except when I start it up and have the tablet in the normal position I use to hold with the camera lens up in the upper right, it flips to upside down right away and does not go back no matter how long you hold it. I then have to rotate the tablet to 180 deg to see the app as it should appear.

Any idea what is going on? All the other apps will auto-rotate, but not Skype.

Hi
In the settings TAB you have to change the layout as for Smartphone - I have just encountered the same issue and now that I have changed this setting it is now up the correct way.
Regards
Gary

Gibbs

May 11, 2013
Thanks!! Not only did that work but when I got my wife a new Poloraoid 7" tablet PMID720, like mine, and installed 1Mobile App on it,but I choose the "tablet" version. When I started it, it too, went upside down. So, I uninstalled it and downloaded the "phone" version and it works right side up like it should.