FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
When I use Skype, have to turn the unit upside down, so the person on the other end sees me right-side up. But I see them upside-down! How do I turn the camera position 180°? Same issues, the hardware says it's the software. Software says it's the hardware. Geez & oy! I would not me without this thing! Any suggestions?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

in2skimn

Dec 29, 2011
I have a Acer 100. When I do video the same thing happens.while I'm in video I switch from front camera to back camera and it fixes itself. Good luck

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Skype says they are aware of the issue and hope to release a fix soon.

djmejay

Dec 28, 2011
Try to call the system manager to reccomend a camera

Sent from my T301 using Android Tablet Forum

To fan no.301

Last edited:

eracer

Nov 20, 2011
I've been using Skype with success for a few weeks now. Somewhere a previous poster gave the instructions, but basically, what i found to work was to press the video camera button on the Skype videocall screen while making a videocall BEFORE the other person answers. A video rotate option appears, and you press this until the video is oriented where you want (each press rotates 90° degrees).

Skype will remember the setting. I set mine during landscape mode, but it also worked in portrait mode (rotated correctly with the screen).

Hope this helps.....

Last edited:

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Thanks eracer. With Skype on the Vizio tablet and on the Acer, I call myself, sort of a test lab. With your instruction do not get anything about camera rotation; pressed everything. Tried from tablet to network and from netbook to tablet... Pushing buttons, and clicking this and that...hum... Both Skypes are fresh additions. Any other ideas from anyone??? Gotta be a way to rotate the camera viewing without physically flipping it upside down. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
This has the one facing camera.

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Please, please still looking for an answer!

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Issue was fixed in latest update of skype. While in video call press camera button and window pops up with options to rotate image, end video etc. Works great! MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD LATEST SKPE VERSION TO GET IT!

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
What is the UPDATE for Skype for Vizio 8...will video run both incoming and outgoing.....All I get is the incoming video my outcoming in non-working and I though I had the latest...Thanks

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
There is a "rotate camera" setting within you need to enable it prior to the getting the drop down menu.