Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
While in settings look around and make sure all other settings are set the way you need them - enable video calling etc.....

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

vtabuser

Jan 20, 2012
OK I think I have this figured this out, as the rotate and zoom option was not showing up for me either. I went into application settings, forced closed skype, cleared cache, and cleared data. After that I launched skype, signed in, and when it told me my device was not yet supported and asked me if I wanted to enable video calling, I hit cancel. I then went into skpes settings to enable video calling, and to option was there! Hope this helps.

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
OK I think I have this figured this out, as the rotate and zoom option was not showing up for me either. I went into application settings, forced closed skype, cleared cache, and cleared data. After that I launched skype, signed in, and when it told me my device was not yet supported and asked me if I wanted to enable video calling, I hit cancel. I then went into skpes settings to enable video calling, and to option was there! Hope this helps.

Excellent! The only regret I have is that there is not a way to thank you more than once!

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
I did the Clear Cache and Data and all is well now. Video Rotate is always available.

THANK YOU...Brad

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
To clear the cache and data, go into settings/applications/manage applications. Then find Skype in the list, select it and you'll see the buttons. Mine is rooted but I don't think that matters for this.

Good Luck...Brad
I can confirm - mine is stock and following the instructions, the rotate button is now available. Works like a charm!

dannyd88

Dec 17, 2011
Thanks it worked! I never would have thought to do that.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

stevation

Feb 17, 2012
It doesn't work for me! I did as vtabuser said and enabled rotation and zoom, but i don't get any button when in a call to rotate. It zooms if i double click the screen, but no rotation option is shown. Did the newer version of skype break what was fixed last month?

Last edited: