SLIDE IT keyboard

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I have it on my phone, I love it. I just came across this app, is it possible to install it on the nook?
GG

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
I have it installed on my Nook. It works just fine. Although, I prefer Swype, which I have on my phone, but I haven't been able to get it to work on my Nook.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I have it on my phone, I love it. I just came across this app, is it possible to install it on the nook?
GG

I would suggest U to have a look at this very useful thread where your question is already answered.Also there are mentioned many other keyboards.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you... .no results so far in your links that's why nobody was coming to rescue me here ....nobody knows!
Gloria

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I have it installed on my Nook. It works just fine. Although, I prefer Swype, which I have on my phone, but I haven't been able to get it to work on my Nook.

Please Taurus , tell us how you did it...follow Rastaviper link because there are others there who want to know. Thank you
Gloria

Trankster

Jan 28, 2011
"Please Taurus , tell us how you did it...follow Rastaviper link because there are others there who want to know. Thank you
Gloria"

I'm not Taurus, but I got SlideIT to work on mine also. You will need Root Explorer. Download SlideIT from Adnroid Market. Using Root Explorer, copy and paste the file "com.dasur.slideit.vt.lite.apk" from /data/app to /system/app. You will also need to change /system/app to "Mount R/O" before pasting. Once it is in /system/app, then press the file and select Install. Select the SlideIT keyboard in NookColor Tools and you should be good to go. You may also need to install it again from the Market Download list so that it is registered.

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Transkter, I 'm going to try

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Or, you could just flash one of the ROMs and install it straight from the market, like I did. Works perfectly =)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I found anotherway to do it on an old post: $11-03-29-1.png
Thank you Paul.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Dunno why, but I always find that adb mumbo jumbo to be far more difficult than just using CWR and flashing whatever I want.. To me, adb and sideloading stuff is like cobbling your system together instead of installing it properly. Just my opinion.