Slide to unlock mysteriously changed to (unknown) password

Western_Mark

Jan 22, 2013
I have a KROSS Smart Pad internet tablet that used to boot to the 'slide to unlock' screen. It now asks for a password that is unknown. Is there a way to reset it to the factory defaults? It is my son's and there isn't much more than some free games on it. It appears the WiFi connects to our home network.

Processor: 1.2GHz Cortex
Chipset: Boxchip All winner A10
Android 4.0 (ICS)

Thanks
Mark

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
There is a way to do factory reset on most tablets using the hardware buttons. I am not familiar with that particular tablet, but that will be the best way to get it resolved.

Try holding VOL DOWN and POWER for 10-15 seconds, same with VOL UP and POWER to see if you get to any menus that allow you to wipe data.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mark, congratulations on your new Kross Smart Pad and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Western_Mark

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks, but that did not work.
This one has the vol and power keys but also a separate 'back' button on the front near the ports. I think I saw somewhere a vol-power-back button sequence. Any thoughts on this possibility?

Mark