slideshow photoframe app

jserrg

Sep 5, 2012
Hey,
Sony S has built in app which did a good job before I updated my sony to android 4.0.3
now it zooms in to my pictures during slideshow.
Can you advise a good replacement app which can be launched when I place tablet in the cradle?

thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome, glad you found us.

I suggest an app called QuickPic. It's free and almost guaranteed to delight.

jserrg

Sep 5, 2012
Downloaded QuickPic and played with it for a day. It is missing a couple of things:

1) Standard Gallery app starts automatically when I place my tablet in a cradle. QuickPic does not do it. I have to manually open it each time. Then go to a folder. And then click slideshow. Three clicks every time - very inconvenient.
2) QuickPic found two folders on my tablet - my picasa and my wife's picasa folder. But it does not do slideshow on both of them at the same time. It has slideshow button only when I go inside the folder. I cannot run slideshow for all pictures that QuickPic has found.
3) Quality of pictures is still bad for some reason. But maybe it has something to do with the files cached from my web picasa albums by a standard Gallery app. Maybe this are the files that QuickPic finds. Maybe it cannot go directly to the web and get pictures directly from the picasa web album... Still need to figure that one out.

Does anybody know a Gallery replacement app that would have at least the cradle autostart feature?