Sling Player on A500??

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
Before dropping another 30 on an app I once loved on win mobile, I'd like to know if anyone has it working on a tablet, and if so, any issues and what hardware is functioning?

Thanks.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
I have used slingplayer mobile since its inception and it works better on the android platform than on winmobo; i have it both my phone and tablet love it

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
Awesome. Thanks for the info...it was always relatively choppy on win mob but I figured that was half win mob's fault and half the crappy hardware I was stuck with...
Have you any issues with it on the tablet, like it only playing in portrait etc?
Thanks again...I have a 2 year old and about 80 hours of Curious George on our home dvr...vacation will be easier if we can watch on tab and leave DVD collection behind...

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
Awesome. Thanks for the info...it was always relatively choppy on win mob but I figured that was half win mob's fault and half the crappy hardware I was stuck with...
Have you any issues with it on the tablet, like it only playing in portrait etc?
Thanks again...I have a 2 year old and about 80 hours of Curious George on our home dvr...vacation will be easier if we can watch on tab and leave DVD collection behind...

Yes a few things....... Its better on resuming on phone... If you get a call then when call is done it auto starts up........ On pad multi-tasking same issue if you dont disconnect or stop tje service when you return it auto resumes......... On either its always in landscape never portrait also the orientation is true top and bottom...... There is no rotating of the screen. Now the choppy..... Hate to tell ya thats all network almost.... Nothing different. I have noticed more relobility within the program though. Easier to maneuver around ie change channels and auto remembering of channels... I would love it if i had to chnge channels with my big toe. I think the slingbox is the best thing since sliced bread.....

Last edited: