SLOOOOOW USB transfer rates to 7015 from Ubuntu

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
Hi all,

My desktop's USB port is supposedly 2.0, but I am currently transferring data from my desktop's filesystem to the Coby 7015 at a whopping 2.3 MB/sec. I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 on the desktop. I'm assuming that the Coby's USB port is 2.0-compatible as well... I should probably check the docs.

I read someplace that slow transfer speeds may have to do with synchronous mounting. Since I'm using the Coby's UI to mount the device, is there any way to set up the Coby to do asynchronous mounting? Is this even a good idea?

If there are any Ubuntu users out there, were you able to configure Ubuntu to do asynchronous mounting? Did it help transfer speeds?

Thanks for any pointers.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Bad internal memory? MicroSD used in MIDx024 series is Class4, reads at about 4MB/s.

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
How can I tell if the internal memory is bad? Is there a command-line tool that can be used for this purpose?

I see a lot of reports of slow transfers to microSD cards on Android devices, not just the Coby, though.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Download and run apps like SD Tools and AnTuTu Benchmark, it will show you the read/write speed of the internal card. Unless you open it, I think you cannot format the internal microSD.

Also, you may want to try SD-Booster, it increases the cache to speed up read/write of SD.