Slow internet

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Also: Does your tablet have the password for a neighbors router?

My neighbor and I visit back and forth all the time and my tablet can connect to his router, and he can connect to mine.
Some times it latches on to the wrong one by mistake. If you suspect this, have the tablet FORGET every other connection but your own.

Especially if there is some fool in the building that does not secure their router, and your tablet drifts over to there
router instead of yours. Check your Connection when it gets slow.

The fact that sleep mode never helped for a bit suggests that as long as you don't hang up a connection it
stays with the router it first got. But maybe it drifts away when it sleeps or reboots.

Also make sure your router has a unique name (Not "Linksys").
Am I glad that I live on a 4 acre block! My nearest neighbour (lucky for them) house is about 80/100 metres away. I have no problems in regard to networks and most of the neighbours around here don't have their wireless networks locked down. I do though.

I reckon you're right his tablet must be floating btween two routers/modems. Most wireless device can do this. My work E4300 Dell does it quite regularly and I have to turn off the wifi.