Slow tablet

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Hello all. I just want to give you a heads up about a problem that I've been having. My tablet has been running very slowly, especially on the internet. I looked this up and saw that this has been happening to other people as well. I did a few factory resets and it was still slow. This is what I did to remedy the problem. I backed up all my data and did back to back factory resets 3 times. I then logged then followed the setup steps, but not setting up my Gmail account or connect to wifi. When setup was done, it was then that I signed into Gmail but made sure that no apps were installed. I then connected to wifi and tested internet connection speed. I went to several websites with heavy graphics like CNN, ESPN, Facebook,MTV and they opened FAST! Like a desktop pc! I then used the Asus app backup and restored my Alps a few at a time and restarted and also a hard reboot. Shortly after, I noticed a slowdown again. It was Google Currents! I uninstalled it and Viola! Super fast again! I hope this helps.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You followed all the suggestions I have made dozens of times and it worked. Good to hear. I have found that same problem with Currents as have many other people. Good detective work.

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks man. Also, to be clear for others that may not know: Disabling background data within the app doesn't work. currents must be uninstalled. There are a lot of other good news readers like Flipboard, or Pulse.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have used Pulse but you should also try News360. I tend to use that more than Pulse,

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Cool. Thanks man. I'll check it out. I love news readers. I really liked Currents. It sucks that it got too big.