Slow WiFi

krapotkin

Apr 13, 2014
hi im hoping someone on here can give me some answers.
i have a nexus 7 (2013) running 4.4.2.
i live in the uk and sky provides my fiber im supposed to get 40meg which is better than the 4meg i was getting before fiber was available, my problems is this though, i cant seem to get more than 20meg download speed when im connected to my router. i contacted google support who told me that the uppermost limit is 300mbps, which if my maths is right works out around 37meg correct??
so why cant i get a dl speed in excess of 20? are there any settings i might be unaware of that may be the causing my problems?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to to the forum

For a tablet, pretty much any tablet, 20 should be fast enough for doing just about anything. It certainly is fast enough for streaming video. I'm commenting on that mainly because their are a ton of variables that would keep you from getting any faster speeds on Android. If you follow the link in my sig it will take you to a thread with WiFi connection solutions but I don't think those are likely to help. I think you're maxed out.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
so why cant i get a dl speed in excess of 20?

You can't download any faster than the site you're downloading from can send it to you. I suspect that's what's causing the problem, and there would be nothing you can do about it.