Sluggish and inconsistent

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
I was wondering if anyone else is having the same kind of problem (not me - the 7015!). I am getting a lot of sluggish movement - acts as if it freezes at first; then I get a "Sorry the (whatever app I'm using) is not responding" and a "Wait" or "Force Close" prompt comes up almost everytime. Could it be I'm trying to put to much on it? I have close to 80 apps and 20 widgets and a 2G SD card. Should I get rid of some of these? Or is there something else I can do? Or is it just how this tablet works? BTW I have rooted it but not put the new "honeycomb" on it.
thanks!

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I think you hit the nail on the head. Wonder how many of those apps are running in the background? If you press the reset button on the back is it more responsive?

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
I haven't noticed a big difference; after a reset it still brings up some of the "sorry" notifications. Is there any way to see what's running in the background? That might be a factor. Thanks, I'll be more aware after the resets

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I would look for an app called Android Assistant. It has a tool to kill apps on boot up. Select the whole list of unnecessary apps and reboot. This should at the very least help.

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.10 B6 for Kyros MID7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
When I reinstalled and started over I was glad to see the performance improve. If you have it rooted you have ClockWorkMod which is the backup/restore tool of choice. I suggest getting good at backup and restore before attempting installing any other ROM like HCV9 or WateryKyros. Each backup/restore point is really a folder and on my tablet they take about 300 MB each. You can rename the folders. ADB is also very nice to have as it lets you move system files back and forth between your PC and tablet. System files are on the internal 4GB not the SD card. ADB lets you copy over all the current apps from the tablet to the PC and back again after you wipe and reinstall.