small problem (date/time) with the imx515 tablet

cweiss

Dec 28, 2010
I recently purchased this tablet whilst I was in china (android 2.2, 800x600). Most things work great - however, I cannot seem to get to the date/time setting option. I recall checking automatic perhaps, and now it is disabled and the time is Jan/1970 and there does not seem to be a way to set it manually.

Would erasing all the data and resetting it back to the factory settings help resolve this issue? or is there another way to set the date/time manually? (Apart from the time being wrong, it seems that some apps do not work properly since the date/time is off by that much).

Again - I can go to settings - but the date/time option is disabled. What is the best way to reset that?

thanks,
Carl.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
if you look, in the Date&Time Section do you see a line item for Automatic - Use network provided values? Uncheck this.

cweiss

Dec 28, 2010
@pbrauer - that is what I have been reading on this forum as the suggested mechanism to set the date/time manually. BUT in my case - the date/time section itself is grayed out, i.e. I can select it - but nothing happens (does not display the next section at all). Is there another way to uncheck the 'automatic/network provided value'?

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
I have the same tablet and the same problem. Have you figured out a way to fix that? Thanks