small scratches

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
I was just wondering how many of you got small scratches on their vtab1008 ... i got two but they are so tiny ... and dont bother me ... what about you

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
Here is a new flash for you. Unless you are going to seal your tablet in a a big, glass, air tight, jug, it is not going to remain perfect. Especially if horror of horrors, you use it..

I dont like this kind of comment`s ... I know the tablet will not remain perfect ... but it been couple month`s using it ... and my cellphone is remaining in a good condition after a few years of using ... I was hoping to share what we have ... ...

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
I dont like this kind of comment`s ... I know the tablet will not remain perfect ... but it been couple month`s using it ... and my cellphone is remaining in a good condition after a few years of using ... I was hoping to share what we have ... ...
Dont carry your feeling around on your hat mate. BCK was being straight up with you. And hes right, even if you put it a otterbox case its going to get scratches and abrasion from use. And it will get more damage then a cell phone simply because its larger. My PD SuperNova came with scratches on the back of it where it had been bouncing around in the box.

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
I was just wondering how many of you got small scratches on their vtab1008 ... i got two but they are so tiny ... and dont bother me ... what about you
I've had my VTAB for about 2 1/2 months. I keep it in a Vizio branded folio so it is pretty well protected on the back and sides. For the screen, I wasn't willing to shell out $16 for a screen protector so I am just careful with it. When I travel with the tablet, I also keep the folio and some other items in a little bag that originally held my Bible - now I use the YouVersion app on the tablet instead. There is plenty of room for a 12 x 12 microfiber cloth for keeping the screen clean. So far, no scratches and no drops.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011

Some people are just naturally cynical, I find it kind of amusing myself, but different tablets material and workmanship have a big impact on visible wear and tear. My Ideos S7 sreen has scratches even though I was as careful as possible, I'm afraid it IS just inevitable. Once the shock of a first scratch wears off you will hopefully see that it doesn't affect usability.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Every computer appliance I have, and or have ever owned has a scratch, pasta sauce stain, pop corn butter grease, sneeze and cough, well you know... Do use a jewelry/shoe cloth to wipe finger prints, then occasionally windex sprayed on a cloth, then on the screen. Enjoy!!! And don't worry, we will have to upgrade all hardware every few years.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
In addition to having a custom made folio you should try to never leave your device in a hot car. The heat will shorten the life of your battery. I am guessing you should have at least five years life on a battery, even though the scratches on the device will become horrific after that much usage.:eek:

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
Some people are just naturally cynical, I find it kind of amusing myself, but different tablets material and workmanship have a big impact on visible wear and tear. My Ideos S7 sreen has scratches even though I was as careful as possible, I'm afraid it IS just inevitable. Once the shock of a first scratch wears off you will hopefully see that it doesn't affect usability.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

hahahah!! spoken like a true guru =)

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
I did the rain x thing on both my tablet and Blackberry. They stay cleaner and I'm hoping it will protect the screen a bit.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum