Smartbook Surfer Microphone Problem

TheRaider

Jan 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I just received my Smartbook Surfer 360 mn10u with ICS installed. Everything works perfectly, except that it doesn't record any sound. Tried on both Google voice search and Skype, no sound being recorded at all.
Tried to go through settings etc. to see if there's anything I could change, no luck.

Any idea what causes this or any solution?

Thanks a lot

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi TheRaider. Make sure the microphone is not blocked, check in settings to see if the microphone is muted, if you cannot get any sound response from Google voice you may have received a defective unit. These tablets have been around for a while now and have had the operating system updated a few times. They're made in Germany so the quality should be adequate and if it's defective replacement should not be an issue. Try to download a sound recording app and see if you can record any sound that way? Hope these suggestions help.

Last edited:

TheRaider

Jan 30, 2013
Downloaded a sound recording app. Nothing. Did some more research and found some posts on another forum that said that is has to do with the Android version (4.0 VegaCream). Is there any way for Android newbies to have a new version installed? Or even an older version for that matter...

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi TheRaider. It's possible to update your Android operating system from ICS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 but that may void any warranty you have on your new tablet. If you're prepared to do that then there are numerous threads here on Android Tablets that can guide you in doing that but be careful and follow instructions implicitly or you may brick your device. You could also contact the manufacturer to see if they have a software fix for your problem which should probably be your first move if you want to avoid the warranty problem. Good luck.