SNES/PSX Emulator

carlkron

Jun 19, 2011
Hi,

I would like to buy a tablet to play old games and watch movies, and i have some doubts about emulation:

1-How much RAM and processing is needed to play Playstation 1 and Super Nintendo games on a android tablet? Is the 256MB RAM and 800MHZ processor of a ebay generic tablet ( like this one - New 7" Google Android 2.2 Tablet PC Netbook UMPC MID W | eBay ) sufficient ?

2-Is it possible to use USB controllers (for instance http://tinyurl.com/usbpadpsx ) with the tablet? They are plug-and-play, just like a USB keyboard.

Really thanks for the help,

Sithmastah

Jul 4, 2011
Good question, I will keep an eye on this one. I can tell you I have Ape Escape running smoothly on my G slate. As for a controller, I am looking for a way now. I would like to see if there is a virtual one for my G2X.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Keep in mind. (Not to be a Party Pooper) Almost all if not all Emulators have been removed from various markets due to compliance with Licensing and copyright restrictions. You might be able to find one which can be side-loaded. But have read that Google has the capability if you have Market installed to remove "rogue" and illegal now apps.