So Does CWR make a backup of a backup of a backup...?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
What I mean to say is if I backup ROM A, then I make some changes updates etc, then I backup that ROM= A.1. Does A.1 have the backup image of A in it somewhere?
Extrapolated-
A=A
A.1=A+A.1
A.2=A+A.1+A.2

:confused:I imagine it does I am just wondering if it can be eliminated/manipulated/utilized?:confused:

Or does it only save the changes?

Thanks in advance for any input.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
CWR makes a backup of the ROM's current state including all settings, installed apps, themes and their settings. The backup is keep on your SD card in a folder so they are separate from the rom itself. Backups don't backup the backup (lol that was fun to write), they just take a snapshot of your roms current state to be restored exactly how you have it at that time if need be.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
Exactly what rico said.. all backups of the current state of yourf NC are stored on ur sd.. if you want to make it easier on yourself go in and change the names of your backups to something you'll recognize easily ..maybe something that pretains to the recent change youve made to your system.. helps me..

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks for the clarification, I know how Clockwork works(heh heh) I just wasn't sure if it backed up the back up.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
The backup itself is stored on the SD card. The backup is of the internal memory. So no, you are backing up A onto B. I know it's been answered, but I love algebra and finally had a chance to use it! Woot, I want to take this moment to thank my 6th grade algebra teacher - she said I would use that stuff one day.